- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRc †Boucher b Klusener3040650375.00run out (Rhodes)832360025.00c Kirsten b Telemachus034000.00c †Boucher b Cronje2141563051.21c Rindel b Klusener1920432095.00run out (Pollock/†Boucher)21080020.00b Klusener0110000.00c Rhodes b Klusener312120025.00c Kallis b Klusener628490021.42c Kallis b Telemachus1533391045.45not out055000.00Extras10 (lb 1, nb 1, w 8)TOTAL114 all out (37.1 Overs, RR: 3.06)Fall of wickets: 1-26 (Mohammad Wasim, 9.1 ov), 2-27 (Ijaz Ahmed, 9.5 ov), 3-54 (Saeed Anwar, 15.1 ov), 4-84 (Inzamam-ul-Haq, 21.6 ov), 5-87 (Wasim Akram, 23.6 ov), 6-87 (Moin Khan, 24.1 ov), 7-90 (Azhar Mahmood, 26.1 ov), 8-93 (Rashid Latif, 26.6 ov), 9-113 (Waqar Younis, 35.6 ov), 10-114 (Abdul Razzaq, 37.1 ov)
- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRc †Rashid Latif b Wasim Akram2035582057.14not out52771237067.53not out2860653046.66Extras15 (lb 4, nb 5, w 6)TOTAL115/1 (27.4 Overs, RR: 4.15)Fall of wickets: 1-54 (MJR Rindel, 12.4 ov)
South Africa , elected to field first
Player Of The Match
Player Of The Series
South Africa won the 1997/98 Standard Bank International One-Day Series
23 April 1998 (50-over match)
- Moin Khan dropped on 11.
- Lunch: SA 25/0 (Rindel 8, Kirsten 13, 7 overs)
- Accolades awarded to L Klusener and SM Pollock for bowling.
- Attendance 15 500
- Inzamam-ul-Haq found guilty of showing dissent when dismissed, but with extenuating circumstances. He was fined 50 % of his match fee, and suspended for one match; both penalties being suspended until the end of 1998.