- BATSMENRMB4s6sSRc Kumble b Joshi1748271062.96b Singh9213311110082.88run out (Joshi/†Mongia)2341313074.19run out (Joshi/Singh)1323221059.09lbw b Singh31060050.00c & b Kumble330120025.00run out (Tendulkar)3265570056.14run out (Kambli/Kumble)1019160062.50b Joshi1219161075.00not out77500140.00not out01000-Extras8 (lb 4, nb 3, w 1)TOTAL220/9 (50 Overs, RR: 4.40)Fall of wickets: 1-59 (BA Young, ), 2-109 (MJ Horne, ), 3-136 (SP Fleming, ), 4-147 (CL Cairns, ), 5-154 (NJ Astle, ), 6-166 (CZ Harris, ), 7-185 (DN Patel, ), 8-209 (GR Larsen, ), 9-219 (AC Parore, )
- BATSMENRMB4s6sSRc †Parore b Larsen62145878171.26b Astle11718813713285.40not out2148313067.74not out45410100.00Extras17 (lb 1, nb 3, w 13)TOTAL221/2 (42.3 Overs, RR: 5.20)Fall of wickets: 1-169 (SC Ganguly, ), 2-216 (SR Tendulkar, )
- M.Chinnaswamy Stadium, Karnataka State Cricket Association, Mahatma Gandhi Road, Bangalore - 560001
New Zealand , elected to bat first
Player of the match
14 May 1997 - day/night match (50-over match)
India 2, New Zealand 0
- 27th over 1st ball, Davis bowled a wide 4.
- At the end of the 36th over of the Indian innings, CD McMillan came in to substitute for Larsen.