- BATSMENRMB4s6sSRc Ganguly b Tendulkar194206146225132.87c Ganguly b Kuruvilla5961083.33b Singh2277510043.13lbw b Kumble3981552070.90not out39523360118.18b Tendulkar98610150.00not out76510140.00Extras12 (b 1, lb 8, w 3)TOTAL327/5 (50 Overs, RR: 6.54)Fall of wickets: 1-8 (Shahid Afridi, ), 2-97 (Rameez Raja, ), 3-213 (Ijaz Ahmed, ), 4-297 (Saeed Anwar, ), 5-315 (Moin Khan, ), 5-327 (Moin Khan, )
- BATSMENRMB4s6sSRc Inzamam-ul-Haq b Aaqib Javed41071057.14c Saqlain Mushtaq b Aaqib Javed33512870117.85c Shahid Afridi b Aaqib Javed10719911610092.24c Ijaz Ahmed b Mohammad Hussain65113804081.25c sub (Mohammad Wasim) b Saleem Malik41670057.14run out (Ijaz Ahmed/Saqlain Mushtaq)35372621134.61not out23372120109.52c †Moin Khan b Aaqib Javed2440050.00c & b Saqlain Mushtaq034000.00c Mohammad Hussain b Aaqib Javed1430033.33c †Moin Khan b Saqlain Mushtaq23200100.00Extras16 (lb 7, nb 1, w 8)TOTAL292 all out (49.2 Overs, RR: 5.91)Fall of wickets: 1-9 (SR Tendulkar, ), 2-61 (SC Ganguly, ), 3-195 (VG Kambli, ), 4-209 (A Jadeja, ), 5-247 (R Dravid, ), 6-275 (RR Singh, ), 7-279 (SB Joshi, ), 8-281 (A Kumble, ), 9-284 (A Kuruvilla, ), 10-292 (BKV Prasad, )
Pakistan , elected to bat first
Player Of The Match
21 May 1997 - day/night match (50-over match)
Pakistan 2, India 0
- Pakistan innings: 1x7 ball over (37th over - Kumble's 6th over)
- Pakistan innings: 1x5 ball over (49th over - Tendulkar's 9th over). Both allowed by umpire Francis.
- Saeed Anwar breaks the previous record for the highest innings in one-day internationals (189, IVA Richards v England, 1984).
- Mohammad Wasim substituted for Saeed Anwar throughout the Indian innings.
- Tendulkar acted as runner for Dravid during overs 23 and 24.