- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRc Ganguly b Tendulkar194146206225132.87c Ganguly b Kuruvilla5691083.33b Singh2251770043.13lbw b Kumble3955812070.90not out39335260118.18b Tendulkar96810150.00not out75610140.00Extras12 (b 1, lb 8, w 3)TOTAL327/5 (50 Overs, RR: 6.54)Fall of wickets: 1-8 (Shahid Afridi), 2-97 (Rameez Raja), 3-213 (Ijaz Ahmed), 4-297 (Saeed Anwar), 5-315 (Moin Khan)
- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRc Inzamam-ul-Haq b Aaqib Javed47101057.14c Saqlain Mushtaq b Aaqib Javed33285170117.85c Shahid Afridi b Aaqib Javed10711619910092.24c Ijaz Ahmed b Mohammad Hussain65801134081.25c sub (Mohammad Wasim) b Saleem Malik47160057.14run out (Ijaz Ahmed/Saqlain Mushtaq)35263721134.61not out23213720109.52c †Moin Khan b Aaqib Javed2440050.00c & b Saqlain Mushtaq043000.00c Mohammad Hussain b Aaqib Javed1340033.33c †Moin Khan b Saqlain Mushtaq22300100.00Extras16 (lb 7, nb 1, w 8)TOTAL292 all out (49.2 Overs, RR: 5.91)Fall of wickets: 1-9 (SR Tendulkar), 2-61 (SC Ganguly), 3-195 (VG Kambli), 4-209 (A Jadeja), 5-247 (R Dravid), 6-275 (RR Singh), 7-279 (SB Joshi), 8-281 (A Kumble), 9-284 (A Kuruvilla), 10-292 (BKV Prasad)
Pakistan , elected to bat first
Player Of The Match
21 May 1997 - day/night match (50-over match)
Pakistan 2, India 0
- Pakistan innings: 1x7 ball over (37th over - Kumble's 6th over)
- Pakistan innings: 1x5 ball over (49th over - Tendulkar's 9th over). Both allowed by umpire Francis.
- Saeed Anwar breaks the previous record for the highest innings in one-day internationals (189, IVA Richards v England, 1984).
- Mohammad Wasim substituted for Saeed Anwar throughout the Indian innings.
- Tendulkar acted as runner for Dravid during overs 23 and 24.