- not out22100100.00Extras6 (b 4, w 2)TOTAL142/8 (20 Overs, RR: 7.1)Fall of wickets: 1-61 (MJ Guptill, 7.1 ov), 2-66 (KS Williamson, 8.2 ov), 3-76 (CJ Anderson, 10.2 ov), 4-97 (C Munro, 13.6 ov), 5-117 (LRPL Taylor, 16.4 ov), 6-133 (L Ronchi, 18.5 ov), 7-140 (MJ Santner, 19.4 ov), 8-142 (GD Elliott, 19.6 ov)
- not out72301350.00not out21100200.00Extras4 (lb 2, w 2)TOTAL134/9 (20 Overs, RR: 6.7)Fall of wickets: 1-44 (SR Watson, 5.2 ov), 2-51 (SPD Smith, 6.4 ov), 3-62 (UT Khawaja, 8.6 ov), 4-66 (DA Warner, 10.1 ov), 5-100 (GJ Maxwell, 15.1 ov), 6-121 (MR Marsh, 18.1 ov), 7-123 (AC Agar, 18.5 ov), 8-124 (JP Faulkner, 19.1 ov), 9-132 (NM Coulter-Nile, 19.5 ov)
Player Of The Match
Hours of play (local time)
- Powerplay: Overs 0.1 - 6.0 (Mandatory - 58 runs, 0 wicket)
- New Zealand: 50 runs in 5.4 overs (34 balls), Extras 0
- 1st Wicket: 50 runs in 34 balls (MJ Guptill 36, KS Williamson 17, Ex 0)
- New Zealand: 100 runs in 15.2 overs (92 balls), Extras 5
- Innings Break: New Zealand - 142/8 in 20.0 overs (AF Milne 2)
- Powerplay: Overs 0.1 - 6.0 (Mandatory - 50 runs, 1 wicket)
- Australia: 50 runs in 5.6 overs (36 balls), Extras 0
- Australia: 100 runs in 14.6 overs (90 balls), Extras 3
New Zealand quick Mitchell McClenaghan said after their eight-run win against Australia that they knew what lenghts to ball on, as early as two-three overs into the match
Australia captain Steven Smith has pulled up his batsmen as the cause for the team's eight-run defeat to New Zealand
New Zealand's Midas touch at this World Twenty20 continued in Dharamsala, where they took their tournament record to two wins from two matches with an eight-run victory over Australia
The word most often heard leading into Australia's World T20 campaign is "flexibility", and Steven Smith is sticking to that sort of game plan on the eve of their first game
Having survived a spitting cobra in Nagpur, New Zealand will be asked to do more thinking and acting on their feet when they meet "big brothers" Australia in Dharamsala
No. of wkts for Australia in their first five overs scoring 42 runs. In the next five they lost 3 wickets for 24 runs.
Previous highest score for Usman Khawaja in T20Is, before today. He has gone past that in this innings.
Watson's average in his last six WT20 innings, including his 13 today. His scores in 6 inns: 8, 7, 4, 2, 1, 13. His scores in previous 4 WT20 inns: 51, 41*, 72, 70.
Runs scored by NZ in their last 14 overs for the loss of eight wkts. In the first six overs they were 58 for 0.
Ross Taylor's average in his last 11 T20I innings, including his innings today. He has scored 144 runs in those innings at S/R of just 112.50 with highest of 28*.
Average opening stand for NZ in T20Is in 2016, easily the best for any team. SA have the next best (43.60) followed by Aus (43).
Average score batting first at this venue in all T20s, before this match in 15 T20s. In 13 T20s where all 20 overs were possible, the teams scored 170 or more 9 times.
Last time Australia and New Zealand faced each others in a T20I, before this game. In the 5 games till then, Aus won four and one was tied which NZ won in super-over.