- BATSMENRMB4s6sSRc †Cox b Leach938360025.00b Leach954351025.71lbw b Saeed Ajmal531481327040.15c Ali b Shantry41129935044.08b Morris471021025046.07c Mitchell b Saeed Ajmal2538323078.12lbw b Ali2450453053.33not out2574642039.06c Fell b Leach1643303053.33c Shantry b Leach213100020.00c †Cox b Leach093000.00Extras7 (lb 3, nb 4)TOTAL258 all out (96.4 Overs, RR: 2.66)Fall of wickets: 1-17 (DJ Bell-Drummond, 9.5 ov), 2-24 (RWT Key, 13.4 ov), 3-117 (BP Nash, 48.4 ov), 4-117 (SA Northeast, 49.3 ov), 5-145 (DI Stevens, 61.1 ov), 6-210 (SW Billings, 78.1 ov), 7-215 (BW Harmison, 80.3 ov), 8-249 (ME Claydon, 90.4 ov), 9-254 (RH Joseph, 94.4 ov), 10-258 (AEN Riley, 96.4 ov)
- BATSMENRMB4s6sSRnot out3364556060.00not out3064474063.82Extras4 (b 4)TOTAL67/0 (17 Overs, RR: 3.94)
Hours of play (local time)
- Sun, 25 May - day 1 - Kent 1st innings 258
- Mon, 26 May - day 2 - Worcestershire 1st innings 48/0 (DKH Mitchell 24*, MG Pardoe 20*, 14.1 ov)
- Tue, 27 May - day 3 - Worcestershire 1st innings 67/0 (DKH Mitchell 33*, MG Pardoe 30*, 17 ov)
- Wed, 28 May - day 4 - no play
At precisely one minute past three o'clock on Wednesday afternoon a game which had begun in the freshly-minted sunshine of Sunday morning was finally put to sleep.
Patience is its own reward, goes the saying, and one rather needed to believe it on the third day at Tunbridge Wells. Daryl Mitchell has plenty of it and in-between the rain passed 700 Championship runs for the season
Jamie Clifford, Kent's chief executive, has said that "the immediate future of the Tunbridge Wells week does need to be sorted out very soon"
Sam Northeast is in danger of having a promising future behind him but made a smart half-century to keep Saeed Ajmal at bay as Kent put up a solid total on the opening day with Worcestershire