- BATSMENRMB4s6sSRc †Cross b Palladino60122968062.50lbw b Palladino8223619010043.15c †Cross b Palladino49101040.00c Moore b Palladino4861066.66c Moore b Footitt8713187110100.00b Groenewald47109955149.47c Borrington b Groenewald50153995050.50c Borrington b Groenewald819171047.05c Madsen b Footitt1568501030.00not out31870042.85b Footitt10121020100.00Extras18 (b 7, lb 3, nb 8)TOTAL388 all out (110.5 Overs, RR: 3.50)Fall of wickets: 1-110 (JHK Adams, 32.1 ov), 2-114 (JS Gatting, 34.5 ov), 3-118 (JM Vince, 36.5 ov), 4-227 (WR Smith, 60.3 ov), 5-256 (AJA Wheater, 70.2 ov), 6-318 (SM Ervine, 87.3 ov), 7-330 (MT Coles, 91.5 ov), 8-369 (MD Bates, 107.2 ov), 9-372 (KJ Abbott, 108.3 ov), 10-388 (JA Tomlinson, 110.5 ov)
- BATSMENRMB4s6sSRlbw b Abbott531571226043.44c Ervine b Briggs1038341029.41c Smith b Ervine2154491042.85lbw b Briggs1456442031.81c Ervine b Briggs2587822030.48c Ervine b Briggs32120833038.55lbw b Abbott12627003.70b Abbott14939002.56not out60106875068.96run out (Wheater)2357412056.09st †Bates b Briggs5881062.50Extras12 (b 3, lb 5, w 4)TOTAL257 all out (102.3 Overs, RR: 2.50)Fall of wickets: 1-31 (PM Borrington, 10.5 ov), 2-69 (WL Madsen, 24.6 ov), 3-101 (MJ North, 40.4 ov), 4-101 (SC Moore, 41.4 ov), 5-160 (SL Elstone, 64.2 ov), 6-163 (GD Cross, 71.6 ov), 7-164 (AL Hughes, 74.2 ov), 8-180 (DJ Wainwright, 85.5 ov), 9-245 (TD Groenewald, 100.3 ov), 10-257 (MHA Footitt, 102.3 ov)
- BATSMENRMB4s6sSRc Borrington b Wainwright671631276252.75c †Cross b Palladino921221040.90c Madsen b Wainwright3990804148.75st †Cross b Elstone4059723055.55c Groenewald b Elstone1428161087.50not out32201342246.15not out51270071.42Extras8 (b 3, lb 1, nb 2, w 2)TOTAL214/5d (56 Overs, RR: 3.82)Fall of wickets: 1-14 (WR Smith, 6.1 ov), 2-94 (JS Gatting, 32.1 ov), 3-149 (JHK Adams, 46.2 ov), 4-175 (JM Vince, 51.6 ov), 5-186 (AJA Wheater, 53.1 ov)
- BATSMENRMB4s6sSRc Gatting b Tomlinson2560513149.01c †Bates b Tomlinson943420021.42c Smith b Coles24031006.45b Tomlinson612141042.85lbw b Coles031000.00not out18115853021.17lbw b Abbott530261019.23lbw b Briggs2240362061.11lbw b Briggs28110018.18not out421170023.52Extras14 (b 10, nb 4)TOTAL107/8 (52 Overs, RR: 2.05)Fall of wickets: 1-31 (PM Borrington, 14.1 ov), 2-34 (SC Moore, 18.1 ov), 3-40 (MJ North, 20.6 ov), 4-41 (SL Elstone, 21.5 ov), 5-42 (WL Madsen, 23.4 ov), 6-51 (GD Cross, 32.2 ov), 7-94 (DJ Wainwright, 43.1 ov), 8-96 (AP Palladino, 45.6 ov)
Hours of play (local time)
- Sun, 1 Jun - day 1 - Hampshire 1st innings 332/7 (MD Bates 27*, KJ Abbott 0*, 96 ov)
- Mon, 2 Jun - day 2 - Derbyshire 1st innings 166/7 (DJ Wainwright 0*, AP Palladino 2*, 79 ov)
- Tue, 3 Jun - day 3 - Derbyshire 2nd innings 31/0 (SC Moore 22*, PM Borrington 9*, 14 ov)
- Wed, 4 Jun - day 4 - Derbyshire 2nd innings 107/8 (52 ov) - end of match
- Derbyshire 1st innings
- Derbyshire 1st innings: 1x7 ball over (39th over, bowled by Danny Briggs)
|1st||31||SC Moore||PM Borrington|
|2nd||3||SC Moore||WL Madsen|
|3rd||6||MJ North||WL Madsen|
|4th||1||WL Madsen||SL Elstone|
|5th||1||WL Madsen||AL Hughes|
|6th||9||GD Cross||AL Hughes|
|7th||43||DJ Wainwright||AL Hughes|
|8th||2||AP Palladino||AL Hughes|
|9th||11||TD Groenewald||AL Hughes|
Division Two leaders Hampshire were left frustrated after being unable to close out victory against bottom side Derbyshire on a rain-hit final day at the Ageas Bowl.
Hampshire's slow left-armer Danny Briggs claimed four wickets to leave Division Two's bottom side Derbyshire in trouble at the Ageas Bowl
Captain Jimmy Adams hit his second half-century of the match and then made an attacking declaration to leave the final day at the Ageas Bowl nicely poised.
Hampshire openers Jimmy Adams and Will Smith took full advantage of being given first use of their own pitch as Derbyshire's miserable season continued.