- not out146602233.33not out00100-Extras6 (b 1, lb 1, w 4)TOTAL162/8 (20 Overs, RR: 8.1)Fall of wickets: 1-12 (S Dhawan, 1.6 ov), 2-71 (MC Henriques, 9.4 ov), 3-71 (DA Warner, 9.5 ov), 4-120 (DJ Hooda, 15.5 ov), 5-124 (BCJ Cutting, 16.1 ov), 6-145 (Yuvraj Singh, 18.3 ov), 7-147 (NV Ojha, 18.5 ov), 8-161 (B Kumar, 19.5 ov)
- not out1320033.33not out00100-Extras9 (lb 9)TOTAL140/8 (20 Overs, RR: 7.0)Fall of wickets: 1-15 (RV Uthappa, 1.5 ov), 2-53 (C Munro, 6.6 ov), 3-63 (G Gambhir, 9.1 ov), 4-69 (YK Pathan, 10.5 ov), 5-115 (SA Yadav, 15.5 ov), 6-125 (MK Pandey, 17.2 ov), 7-139 (R Sathish, 19.2 ov), 8-140 (JO Holder, 19.5 ov)
Player Of The Match
Hours of play (local time)
- Powerplay 1: Overs 0.1 - 6.0 (Mandatory - 43 runs, 1 wicket)
- Sunrisers Hyderabad: 50 runs in 7.3 overs (45 balls), Extras 2
- 2nd Wicket: 50 runs in 42 balls (DA Warner 25, MC Henriques 23, Ex 2)
- Sunrisers Hyderabad: 100 runs in 14.1 overs (85 balls), Extras 2
- Sunrisers Hyderabad: 150 runs in 19.1 overs (115 balls), Extras 5
- Innings Break: Sunrisers Hyderabad - 162/8 in 20.0 overs (Bipul Sharma 14, BB Sran 0)
- Powerplay 1: Overs 0.1 - 6.0 (Mandatory - 46 runs, 1 wicket)
- Kolkata Knight Riders: 50 runs in 6.5 overs (41 balls), Extras 4
- Kolkata Knight Riders: 100 runs in 13.6 overs (84 balls), Extras 6
Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Mustafizur Rahman and Barinder Sran coped admirably without their injured bowling captain and defended 162 to keep Sunrisers Hyderabad on course for a place in the IPL final
A supreme all-round performance from Moises Henriques set up Hyderabad's 22-run win over Kolkata in the eliminator Delhi
Despite not always picking Kuldeep Yadav, Yuvraj Singh brought out his experience to get on top of the wristspinner, setting the tone for Sunrisers Hyderabad's win in the Eliminator
Plays of the Day from the IPL 2016 eliminator between Kolkata Knight Riders and Sunrisers Hyderabad in Delhi
Runs scored by SRH in the last five overs. They were 109/3 at end of 15th over. KKR were 110/4 at the same stage but SRH conceded just 30 runs in the last five.
No. of times Yusuf Pathan has been dismissed in single-digit scores in this IPL, including his 2 runs today. He was out for 6 vs RCB at Eden Gardens.
No. of times Gambhir has scored 500+ runs in an IPL season, including this. He had scored 534 in 2008 and 590 in 2012. Only Kohli (4) has done it more times.
Runs accumulated by Uthappa in his last 6 innings with a highest of 25, including the 11 today. In the first 9 innings of this IPL, he had scored 313 runs including 3 50s.
Runs scored by SRH in the last eight overs after they were 82 for 3 at the end of 12th over. They lost 5 wickets in the last eight though.
Previous highest score for Yuvraj Singh against KKR, which came in 2009. He averaged just 25.08 against them in 14 innings before this match.
Kuldeep Yadav's figures in the last match, also against SRH; dismissed Dhawan & Williamson. He got Warner and Henriques off successive balls today.
No. of times 4 overs were bowled by spinners in Powerplays this IPL, including today. KKR have done in successive games vs SRH. RPS did it vs KKR at Eden.
Last time Yusuf Pathan bowled 3 overs in the Powerplays in IPL. That was also against SRH, in Hyderabad. Only the 5th such instance for him; 3 of those in 2009.
Runs added by Warner and Dhawan as a opening pair. They become the first pair to do so in IPL. Gambhir-Uthappa are next with 1463 runs.
No. of teams that have used the same opening pair for them throughout this IPL. Both are against each other in this eliminator.
No. of times KKR elected to bat first in this IPL, including this eliminator. They won 4 of their 5 matches after winning the toss. SRH 3-3 when losing the toss.