|Photos||Video & Audio||Blogs||Statistics||Archive||Shop||Mobile|
July 13, 2012
Jacques Faul, the acting CSA chief executive, has withdrawn his resignation and will continue in the post. Last week, he had said he wanted to quit citing a "sense of hostility" from the board and a "campaign to discredit" him.
"The board members have given me their full support and I am grateful for that and I will continue to do the job to the best of my ability," Faul said.
Other decisions taken after a meeting of CSA's Steering Committee include postponing the board's annual general meeting to October to provide time for the restructure of the board.
No date was announced for the disciplinary hearing of suspended CSA chief executive Gerlad Majola. He was supposed to learn his fate by May 31, but the process continues to be delayed.
The delay means the controversy has lasted two years, after first making headlines in July 2010, when it was discovered that R4.7million ($ 671,428) was paid in bonuses to 40 CSA staff, following the successful hosting of the IPL and Champions Trophy in 2009. Three investigations into the payments - an internal, one external and a ministerial commission - all found that the money had not been declared to the board. However, CSA chose to only reprimand Majola after the first two inquiries were complete but were forced to act differently when the country's Minister of Sport, Filike Mblaula intervened.
Mbalula ordered another investigation, to be chaired by retired judge Chris Nicholson and instructed CSA to comply with the recommendations Nicholson made. In March, Majola was suspended for his alleged role in the payments.
© ESPN Sports Media Ltd.
A look at some of cricket's most memorable strokes - and their makers