Shaun Marsh 88 hands Western Australia second win

Western Australia 4 for 283 (S Marsh 88, Tye 3-37) beat Victoria 245 (Gotch 61, Siddle 2-48) by 38 runs

Shaun Marsh maintained his sublime start to the domestic limited overs competition as Western Australia eased past Victoria by 38 runs at the WACA Ground in Perth.

Peter Siddle played his first competitive match since suffering a back injury in last November's Perth Test against South Africa, and claimed two top order wickets in a promising return. But it was Marsh who had the biggest say in proceedings, gliding to 88 to set a platform for the Warriors' middle order to take advantage of in raising a total of 283.

Cameron Bancroft, the captain Mitchell Marsh and Jon Well all played helpful supporting roles, before WA's bowling attack contributed evenly to restrict the Bushrangers in their chase.

Sab Gotch and the former WA opening batsman Marcus Harris both made useful scores, but the steady loss of wickets through the middle of the innings kept the Warriors ahead of the game, leaving too much for Siddle and the rest of the bowlers to do, much as he tried to close the deficit. The result leaves WA unbeaten after their first two home games of the tournament.

South Australia 8 for 240 (Cooper 115*, Wildermuth 4-39) beat Queensland 157 (Peirson 60, Mennie 5-36) by 83 runs

Five wickets for Joe Mennie and a century to Tom Cooper took South Australia to an 83-run caning of Queensland in the domestic limited-overs match at Allan Border Field.

The Redbacks, who had lost their opening fixture against the Cricket Australia XI, struck early with the new ball against the Test batsmen Usman Khawaja and Matt Renshaw to leave the Bulls to 4 for 44, from which point the hosts never looked likely to threaten South Australia's middling total of 240.

Cooper's innings formed the spine of the Redbacks' batting, after they too lost early wickets upon being sent in to bat by Khawaja. The visitors were a decidedly wobbly 5 for 99 before Cooper took control of proceedings, aided by a patient Cameron Valente who had made a hundred in the opening match.

Mennie contributed a quickfire 14 with the bat before going to work with the ball, claiming consistent wickets through the middle of the Queensland innings to bundle them out with a full 13 overs to spare. The win ensured South Australia had one win and one loss after two games of the tournament.