Whitegate Park
1924
Lord Derby (Stanley was the family name)
8,000
No
Pavilion End, Nursery End
Lancashire
09:43, Thu Aug 21, 2014 (UTC +0100)
Stanley Park
 

Profile

Blackpool Cricket Club were in existence as long ago as 1890, but it wasn't until 1924 that the 256-acre site known as Stanley Park was gifted to the Blackpool Corporation and, as part of a massive development, a cricket pitch was laid and a pavilion and stands were built in 1925. In 1957 an additional stand, at a cost of £6000 was constructed, and attendances for both club and county matches have always been healthy.

Lancashire first played at Blackpool in 1905 and, with the exception of a 13-year gap from 1910 to 1923, have been regular visitors ever since. The record attendance was 13,872 for the Championship match against Glamorgan in 1950.
Martin Williamson

Notes

Map & Hotels Click here

Latest Articles

Latest Photos

Vanburn Holder examines the pitch after it was hit by a water bomb, Lancashire v Warwickshire, County Championship, Blackpool, August 30, 2006
Vanburn Holder examines the Blackpool pitch after it was hit by a water bomb
© Getty Images
A general view of Stanley Park, Lancashire v Warwickshire, County Championship, Blackpool, August 30, 2006
A general view of Stanley Park
© Getty Images
Lancashire v Somerset, 27-30 August 2002 at Blackpool

© ESPNcricinfo Ltd
Lancashire v Somerset, 27-30 August 2002 at Blackpool
The crowd slumber at Blackpool
© ESPNcricinfo Ltd
 
View the full index of related photos »

Weather

Weather.com
Thu
21/08

PM Rain/Wind
PM Rain/Wind

Max 15° C
Min 11° C
Fri
22/08

Sunny/Wind
Sunny/Wind

Max 15° C
Min 11° C
Sat
23/08

AM Light Rain
AM Light Rain

Max 16° C
Min 10° C
Sun
24/08

Partly Cloudy
Partly Cloudy

Max 17° C
Min 11° C

Hour by Hour forecast » | 10-day forecast »

Ground Fixtures Ground Results
No fixtures scheduled