Groundsman Mohammad Russell has filed a general diary with Rajpara police station in Rajshahi against Mahmood Jamal, the Rajshahi official who had allegedly assaulted him. According to acting officer-in-charge Raihan, Russell mentioned in the GD that Jamal had threatened him before kicking him out of the stadium on the first day of the Rajshahi-Barisal NCL match.

The GD is a recording of a major incident within the jurisdiction of a police station and was filed at around 3:00pm in the afternoon. An investigating officer has been put in charge to file a report on the incident, which sparked outrage within the cricket fraternity in Bangladesh. Jamal, a former BCB director, denied the incident while the board has summoned Russell to Dhaka for his security.

Akram Khan, the board's tournament committee chairman, said that the NCL's final-round match has been taken away from the Rajshahi venue. He was informed formally by the board's security head and confirmed of the GD being filed.

"The sixth round of the NCL will not be played in Rajshahi," Akram told TV channel 71. "We will definitely take a decision after discussing the matter with the board president after he returns to the country. Cricket is not just about a player or an official. It has reached a stage where the wicket is a huge factor so we cannot misbehave with the groundstaff who make a contribution every day. I feel that they are a part of cricket's progress and saving them is the board's responsibility. We must give them security.

"Our security head sent me an email regarding the incident and we have also registered a general diary against him. We want to decide on this in the next board meeting. This is not a good practice. Bangladesh cricket has reached a stage where such things shouldn't happen. The match referee is in charge of the game while there are umpires too."

Akram said that since Jamal's complaint against Russell was about water being sprayed on the pitch, the claim should have been referred to the match referee rather than allegedly assaulting the worker. He said that the board's past record of stern discipline will serve as a precedent for this incident.

"If the wicket wasn't good enough, the start of the match would have definitely been delayed. The match started on time. One team made a score of 300-plus. One can blame the wicket but he should have talked to the match referee and umpires. But he cannot physically abuse a groundstaff. We have taken disciplinary actions in the past so I am sure we will take another strong decision on this matter."