The ICC World Cricket League Division 3 will be played in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, in October, with the ICC deciding to shift the tournament out of Uganda due to security issues.
In a statement, the ICC said it had decided to shift the event after co-ordinating with "a range of local authorities and security experts". The ICC chief executive David Richardson said: "The safety and security of players and officials is of paramount importance to the ICC, and despite the excellent cooperation received from the Ugandan government and the Uganda Cricket Association, due to recent events beyond the control of the ICC and the Uganda Cricket Association, we were ultimately uncertain if a secure environment could still be provided.
"Thankfully, the Malaysian Cricket Association has offered to host the tournament at short notice, and, based on previous experience, we anticipate a successful event in Kuala Lumpur."
The six teams competing in the event are Bermuda, Malaysia, Nepal, Singapore, Uganda and the USA. Earlier this month, several players from the USA squad had said they might pull out of the tournament if it were played Uganda, before Lionel Cann, one of Bermuda's most experienced players refused to travel to the country, following the news of a foiled terrorist plot in the capital city Kampala on September 13.