New Zealand A 369 for 6 (M Bracewell 106, Elliott 103*, Rutherford 98, Taylor 3-69) beat Scotland 272 (Gardiner 82, Haq 54, Berrington 50, D Bracewell 4-50)

New Zealand A went on a run-spree against Scotland as they amassed 369 for 6 in Edinburgh with hundreds from Michael Bracewell and Grant Elliott plus Hamish Rutherford's 98.

The total was enough to secure a comprehensive 97-run victory but Scotland did not fold in reply despite being two down inside three overs as Hamish Gardiner top-scored with a combative 82.

New Zealand A were quickly out of the blocks and had 89 on the board when Rob Taylor broke the opening stand with his second delivery, bowling Tom Latham as he aimed a drive through mid-on.

Rutherford eased along at a run-a-ball but fell two short of his hundred when he picked out long-on and his frustrations were clear as he left the field. It ended a second-wicket stand of 106 with Bracewell who had reached fifty from 51 balls the delivery before Rutherford departed.

Bracewell was given a life on 68 when Majid Haq spilled a return chance and the final 10 overs produced some severe punishment for the Scotland attack. Bracewell's second fifty took 35 deliveries and he carried his sixes tally to four and when he became Taylor's third wicket, Elliott took over to power towards his hundred in the closing stages of the innings.

Elliott was on 83 when the last over began but collected a six followed by a four then reached three figures off the final ball of the innings.

Scotland's chase began poorly as both openers fell to Doug Bracewell for ducks; George Munsey was given lbw and captain Calum MacLeod bowled by one which seamed. Bracewell added a third in the ninth over when he bowled Craig Wallace to leave Scotland 53 for 3.

Gardiner and Richie Berrington then added 99 for the fourth wicket. Gardiner, who registered his highest one-day score, was closing in on a hundred when he was bowled by Hamish Bennett, who was unable to complete his spell as he limped off with an injury.

As the match drifted to a conclusion, Haq clubbed a spritely half-century before becoming the last-man out.