The Wigginton Road ground was established in 1864 and was used until 1931 by the Yorkshire Gentlemen, and since then by York CC.
The only first-class game took place in 1890 when Yorkshire thrashed Kent, the visitors' cause not being helped when three of their side failed to appear for the second day' s play. Prince Albert Victor, Queen Victoria's son, attended the match.
Yorkshire 2nd XI continued to use the venue until the late 1950s, and in 1966 the landlords, the hospital authorities announced that they would be developing the land. The final game took place on September 3, 1966 and the ground is now covered by the local district hospital.