|Australia 1st innings||R||M||B||4s||6s||SR|
|MJ Slater||b Cairns||5||18||19||1||0||26.31|
|GS Blewett||c Astle b Wiseman||17||98||64||3||0||26.56|
|JL Langer||st †Parore b Wiseman||46||69||47||8||1||97.87|
|ME Waugh||not out||72||197||144||6||1||50.00|
|SR Waugh*||c Spearman b Vettori||17||40||34||1||1||50.00|
|DR Martyn||c Astle b Vettori||17||29||26||3||0||65.38|
|AC Gilchrist†||lbw b Wiseman||7||38||24||1||0||29.16|
|SK Warne||c Fleming b Vettori||7||23||20||1||0||35.00|
|B Lee||c †Parore b Vettori||6||14||14||0||0||42.85|
|CR Miller||b Cairns||0||3||4||0||0||0.00|
|GD McGrath||c Spearman b Vettori||8||34||31||0||0||25.80|
|Extras||(b 7, lb 4, nb 1)||12|
|Total||(all out; 71 overs; 286 mins)||214||(3.01 runs per over)|
|New Zealand 1st innings||R||M||B||4s||6s||SR|
|MJ Horne||c Blewett b McGrath||3||22||22||0||0||13.63|
|CM Spearman||c Martyn b Lee||12||56||38||2||0||31.57|
|MS Sinclair||lbw b Warne||8||27||24||1||0||33.33|
|PJ Wiseman||b Lee||1||18||16||0||0||6.25|
|SP Fleming*||st †Gilchrist b Miller||21||79||58||4||0||36.20|
|NJ Astle||c ME Waugh b Warne||31||62||39||5||0||79.48|
|CD McMillan||lbw b Warne||6||35||20||0||0||30.00|
|CL Cairns||c †Gilchrist b McGrath||35||73||66||2||2||53.03|
|AC Parore†||c †Gilchrist b McGrath||11||63||65||0||0||16.92|
|DL Vettori||not out||15||29||22||2||0||68.18|
|SB Doull||c Lee b McGrath||12||8||7||0||1||171.42|
|Extras||(b 4, lb 1, nb 3)||8|
|Total||(all out; 62.1 overs; 240 mins)||163||(2.62 runs per over)|
|Australia 2nd innings||R||M||B||4s||6s||SR|
|GS Blewett||c Spearman b Vettori||8||66||59||1||0||13.55|
|MJ Slater||c Horne b Cairns||6||11||14||1||0||42.85|
|JL Langer||c Astle b Vettori||47||82||64||3||2||73.43|
|ME Waugh||c †Parore b Vettori||25||94||62||5||0||40.32|
|SR Waugh*||c & b Wiseman||10||15||16||2||0||62.50|
|DR Martyn||b Vettori||36||135||117||6||0||30.76|
|AC Gilchrist†||c Fleming b Vettori||59||115||99||7||1||59.59|
|SK Warne||c Wiseman b Vettori||12||16||7||3||0||171.42|
|B Lee||not out||6||27||14||1||0||42.85|
|CR Miller||st †Parore b Vettori||8||6||9||0||1||88.88|
|GD McGrath||lbw b Wiseman||1||6||6||0||0||16.66|
|Extras||(b 7, lb 4)||11|
|Total||(all out; 77.5 overs; 291 mins)||229||(2.94 runs per over)|
|New Zealand 2nd innings (target: 281 runs)||R||M||B||4s||6s||SR|
|MJ Horne||c Langer b Miller||11||32||30||2||0||36.66|
|CM Spearman||lbw b McGrath||4||49||27||0||0||14.81|
|MS Sinclair||lbw b Miller||6||12||11||1||0||54.54|
|SP Fleming*||c †Gilchrist b Miller||8||26||24||1||0||33.33|
|NJ Astle||b Warne||35||92||62||5||0||56.45|
|CD McMillan||c Warne b Lee||78||197||163||11||2||47.85|
|CL Cairns||c SR Waugh b Miller||20||51||51||2||1||39.21|
|AC Parore†||c SR Waugh b Lee||26||66||48||0||2||54.16|
|DL Vettori||c Warne b Miller||0||11||4||0||0||0.00|
|SB Doull||not out||5||19||14||0||0||35.71|
|PJ Wiseman||c †Gilchrist b Warne||9||16||9||2||0||100.00|
|Extras||(b 7, lb 7, nb 2)||16|
|Total||(all out; 73.3 overs; 290 mins)||218||(2.96 runs per over)|
- 12th men: SB O'Connor (NZ) and MS Kasprowicz (Aus).
- Lunch: Australia 97/3 (ME Waugh 10*, SR Waugh 10*, 27 overs)
- Tea: Australia 189/7 (ME Waugh 59*, Lee 3*, 59 overs)
- Australia: 50 from 68 balls, 50 minutes; 100 from 166 balls, 121 minutes; 150 from 264 balls, 187 minutes; 200 from 389 balls, 265 minutes.
- Australian 2nd wicket partnership (Blewett/Langer): 51 balls, 41 minutes.
- ME Waugh: 50 from 96 balls, 132 minutes, 5x4,1x6
- DL Vettori bowled unchanged from the Dominion Rd end, from the lunch break untill the end of the innings
- Stadium lights were turned on late in the day due to bad light. This is the first time lights have been used in test in New Zealand.
- Attendance: 3500
- Lunch: New Zealand 110/7 (Cairns 19*, Parore 5*, 45 overs)
- Tea: Australia 38/1 (Blewett 4*, Langer 27*, 16 overs)
- New Zealand: 50 from 155 balls, 102 minutes; 100 from 237 balls, 156 minutes; 150 from 268 balls, 234 minutes.
- SP Fleming brought up 3000 test runs when he moved to 16, NZ 70/4
- New Zealand 5th wicket partnership (Fleming/Astle): 50 from 88 balls, 60 minutes.
- New Zealand 1st innings: 1x7 ball over (25th over - B Lee's 6th over, called by umpire BF Bowden)
- Play delayed for 10 minutes at the start of play due to bad light, Stadium lights were turned on. Stumps was called 10 minutes later to compensate.
- Australia: 50 from 112 balls, 68 minutes; 100 from 227 balls, 134 minutes
- JL Langer reached 2000 runs in test cricket when he moved to 31
- Attendance: 4500
- Lunch: Australia 206/7 (Gilchrist 51*, Lee 0*, 72 overs)
- Tea: New Zealand 15/1 (Spearman 4*, Sinclair 0*, 9 overs)
- Australia: 150 from 359 balls, 217 minutes; 200 from 424 balls, 262 minutes.
- Australia 6th wicket partnership (Martyn/Gilchrist): 50 from 101 balls, 62 minutes.
- DL Vettori took his 100th test wicket when he bowled DR Martyn. At 21 years and 46 days, he is the third youngest to take 100 wickets, behind Kapil Dev and Waqar Younis. This is his 29th test match.
- Play was delayed at 11:49am for 12 minutes due to rain
- AC Gilchrist: 50 from 84 balls, 96 minutes, 6x4, 1x6
- DL Vettori: 10 wickets in a match for the first time, his best match return (previous 9-130 vs Sri Lanka at Hamilton)
- DL Vettori: 12-149 is the 2nd best match figures by a New Zealander in tests (Best: RJ Hadlee 15-123), best match figures by a New Zealand spinner (previous: Bracewell 10-109), best bowling by any player at Eden Park. 7-87 is the 8th best innings figures by a New Zealander (equal with Stephen Boock), and is the best bowling in an innings by a New Zealander at Eden Park.
- Play delayed due to rain at 12:14pm. Lunch was taken early. 95 minutes in total were lost and play resumed at 2:30pm.
- New Zealand: 50 from 113 balls, 77 minutes; 100 from 185 balls, 124 minutes; 150 from 274 balls, 180 minutes.
- New Zealand 5th wicket partnership (Astle/McMillan): 50 from 69 balls, 45 minutes
- CD McMillan: 50 from 50 balls, 59 minutes
- Attendance: 1250
- Heavy overnight rain left large pools of water on the outfield and the Morning session was called off, with an inspection of the ground by umpires scheduled at 1:30pm. Unfortunately shortly before the inspection, heavy rain returned, and at 2:10pm play for the day was abandoned.
- New Zealand: 200 from 409 blls, 256 minutes
- Thunderstorms overnight again delayed the start of play, which finally began at 11:30.
- CR Miller: 5-55 is his best bowling in test cricket.
- When Gilchrist caught Wiseman Warne becme the highest Australian test wicket taker, surpassing Dennis Lillee's total of 355.
- Australia equal the record for consecutive test victories by an Australian team (eight, also held by Warwick Armstrong's 1920/21 team)