|South Africa innings (50 overs maximum)||R||M||B||4s||6s||SR|
|G Kirsten||b Allott||10||44||28||1||0||35.71|
|HH Gibbs||b Allott||16||27||27||3||0||59.25|
|JH Kallis||c Astle b Allott||100||171||117||10||1||85.47|
|WJ Cronje*||c Horne b Larsen||20||22||19||4||0||105.26|
|JN Rhodes||c & b Larsen||22||11||11||3||1||200.00|
|DM Benkenstein||c Allott b Cairns||0||10||7||0||0||0.00|
|SM Pollock||run out (Vettori)||9||40||32||0||0||28.12|
|MV Boucher†||b Vettori||1||13||6||0||0||16.66|
|L Klusener||run out (Allott)||28||60||46||2||0||60.86|
|PL Symcox||b Allott||0||1||1||0||0||0.00|
|AA Donald||not out||0||4||3||0||0||0.00|
|Extras||(lb 1, w 2, nb 2)||5|
|Total||(all out; 49.1 overs; 206 mins)||211||(4.29 runs per over)|
|DJ Nash||10||0||36||0||3.60||(1nb, 1w)|
|New Zealand innings (target: 212 runs from 50 overs)||R||M||B||4s||6s||SR|
|MJ Horne||c Pollock b Kallis||5||8||11||1||0||45.45|
|NJ Astle||b Klusener||95||184||118||8||2||80.50|
|CD McMillan||c Kallis b Donald||8||23||10||1||0||80.00|
|AC Parore†||c †Boucher b Donald||0||6||5||0||0||0.00|
|CL Cairns||run out (Benkenstein)||5||11||9||1||0||55.55|
|MD Bell||c Rhodes b Donald||37||101||76||2||0||48.68|
|CZ Harris||not out||34||69||52||2||1||65.38|
|DJ Nash*||run out (Benkenstein)||12||27||11||0||1||109.09|
|DL Vettori||not out||6||10||6||1||0||100.00|
|Extras||(b 3, lb 2, w 5, nb 3)||13|
|Total||(7 wickets; 49.1 overs; 223 mins)||215||(4.37 runs per over)|
- South Africa innings: 50 off 77 balls, 54 minutes; 100 off 120 balls, 87 minutes; 150 off 197 balls, 134 minutes; 200 off 289 balls, 194 minutes.
- JH Kallis: 50 off 50 balls, 82 minutes, 8x4; 100 off 116 balls, 166 minutes, 10x4, 1x6, 4th ODI 100.
- JH Kallis and SM Pollock 6th wicket partnership: 40 is the best 6th wicket partnership in ODIs for South Africa against New Zealand (previous best: 35 between DJ Callaghan and DJ Richardson at Hobart in 1993-94).
- JH Kallis and L Klusener 8th wicket partnership: 50 off 78 balls, 50 minutes. 53 is the best 8th wicket partnership in ODIs for South Africa against New Zealand (previous best: 28* between BM McMillan and RP Snell at Auckland in 1991-92 and 28* between DJ Richardson and RP Snell at Hobart in 1993-94).
- GI Allott 4-35 is his best ODI bowling figures (previous best: 3-54 v Zimbabwe at Dhaka in 1997-98)
- New Zealand innings: 50 off 59 balls, 46 minutes; 100 off 145 balls, 108 minutes; 150 off 223 balls, 161 minutes; 200 off 290 balls, 210 minutes.
- NJ Astle: 50 off 58 balls, 100 minutes, 5x4, 1x6, 17th ODI 50. 95 is his 4th One-Day International innings he has been dismissed in the nineties.
- MD Bell: 37 is his highest ODI innings (previous best: 16 v Sri Lanka at Dhaka in 1998-99).
- NJ Astle and MD Bell 5th wicket partnership: 50 off 85 balls, 60 minutes.
- South Africa's first ever One-Day International at Dunedin. They have lost all 3 One-Day Internationals played against New Zealand in New Zealand. Overall record: Played 13, New Zealand 6, South Africa 7.
- MD Bell was a late replacement for RG Twose who failed a fitness due to a back strain on the day of the match. Bell was participating in a first-class Shell Trophy fixture for Wellington against Northern Districts at Hamilton at the time, and was flown to Dunedin on the morning of the One-Day International. It was the scheduled 4th day of four in the first-class match and he was replaced by 12th man LR Dry.
- JN Rhodes struck the first 4 deliveries of his innings for 4, 4, 4 and 6 off the bowling of CL Cairns.
- CL Cairns tore his right calf muscle setting off for a run and was run out by a direct hit by DM Benkenstein as he pulled up hobbling mid-pitch. The drinks cart was required to drive him off the field.
- 12th men: SB Doull (New Zealand), N Boje (South Africa).
- Scorers: NA Armstrong and MF Jones.