- not out36274730133.33not out00200-Extras11 (lb 3, nb 1, w 7)TOTAL147/7 (20 Overs, RR: 7.35)Fall of wickets: 1-34 (KL Rahul, 4.3 ov), 2-55 (V Kohli, 7.1 ov), 3-75 (Yuvraj Singh, 10.1 ov), 4-95 (SK Raina, 12.3 ov), 5-98 (MK Pandey, 13.2 ov), 6-118 (HH Pandya, 16.2 ov), 7-145 (Parvez Rasool, 19.4 ov)
- not out46466540100.00not out25150040.00Extras8 (b 1, lb 2, nb 1, w 4)TOTAL148/3 (18.1 Overs, RR: 8.14)Fall of wickets: 1-42 (JJ Roy, 3.2 ov), 2-43 (SW Billings, 3.5 ov), 3-126 (EJG Morgan, 15.2 ov)
Player Of The Match
- Powerplay: Overs 0.1 - 6.0 (Mandatory - 47 runs, 1 wicket)
- India: 50 runs in 6.2 overs (39 balls), Extras 3
- India: 100 runs in 13.4 overs (83 balls), Extras 6
- Innings Break: India - 147/7 in 20.0 overs (MS Dhoni 36, JJ Bumrah 0)
- Powerplay: Overs 0.1 - 6.0 (Mandatory - 48 runs, 2 wickets)
- England: 50 runs in 6.2 overs (38 balls), Extras 1
- 3rd Wicket: 50 runs in 48 balls (JE Root 18, EJG Morgan 30, Ex 2)
- England: 100 runs in 12.3 overs (75 balls), Extras 4
- EJG Morgan: 50 off 37 balls (1 x 4, 4 x 6)
Chris Jordan impressed upon the need to remain calm and have self-belief while bowling in the end-overs, qualities he exhibited to deny MS Dhoni in the first T20 in Kanpur
England's captain, Eoin Morgan, led his side to a comfortable seven wicket win - with a 38-ball 51 - in the first Twenty20 International played in Kanpur on Thursday.
Eoin Morgan hailed his bowlers' collective effort after they set up a seven-wicket win, which the captain called a 'pretty complete performance' during the first T20 in Kanpur.
The key the moments of an impressive performance in the field from Eoin Morgan's team which meant India never escaped their clutches.
Plays of the day from the opening T20I between India and England in Kanpur features some good fielding and the ball boy menace
India's win-loss record when defending targets of 150 or less. Their ratio of 0.22 is the worst among all full-member teams.
Runs for Eoin Morgan in T20Is. He is the first England player and 12th overall to reach the mark.
England's score at end of 10 overs. India were 75/2 at the same stage.
Runs conceded by India spinners in 5 overs (4th to 8th), after the fast bowlers gave 36 runs in the first 3 overs.
England's run rate in the first 3 overs, without losing any wicket. Yuzvendra Chahal dismissed both the openers in the 4th over.
India's win-loss record when defending targets of less than 150 in T20Is, in the previous 10 instances; 1 was tied. They are defending 148 today.
Runs that came in boundaries in India's last 10 overs (4 fours & 1 six) - their second-lowest when batting all 10 overs in 1st inns in T20Is.
Moeen Ali's figures in this match, his best in T20Is. This is the third time he took 2 wickets in a T20I in 17 innings he bowled.
Raina's scores in the two T20s at Green Park, before this, for Gujarat Lions in IPL 2016. He scored 34 today.
No. of times Kohli has opened in T20Is, before today. Last he opened was vs NZ in 2012 (scored 70). In IPL 2016, he scored 921 runs in 15 inns as opener.
England's win-loss record against India in T20Is, before this match. Their 5 wins are the joint-most by any team against India, with NZ.
No. of T20Is hosted by Kanpur, before this. It has hosted only 2 T20s, in IPL 2016 and both those games were won by the chasing side. England will be chasing today.