- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRc Twose b Cairns053000.00not out11613518813185.92c Fleming b Cairns1660016.66c Fleming b Doull214220014.28run out (Vettori/†Nevin)1438530036.84c Cairns b Harris2227290181.48run out (Astle/Wiseman)69100066.66lbw b Vettori024000.00c †Nevin b Cairns711161063.63c Fleming b Wiseman3770042.85c †Nevin b Styris1124290045.83Extras9 (lb 3, w 6)TOTAL191 all out (46.2 Overs, RR: 4.12)Fall of wickets: 1-2 (ML Hayden, 0.5 ov), 2-8 (SR Waugh, 2.1 ov), 3-22 (MG Bevan, 7.4 ov), 4-86 (ME Waugh, 21.4 ov), 5-125 (AC Gilchrist, 29.6 ov), 6-141 (A Symonds, 32.5 ov), 7-143 (S Lee, 33.5 ov), 8-155 (SK Warne, 37.2 ov), 9-160 (B Lee, 38.5 ov), 10-191 (GD McGrath, 46.2 ov)
- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRlbw b Symonds74941609078.72b McGrath1261030200.00c S Lee b Warne1941523046.34not out60891128067.41not out1318153072.22Extras16 (b 5, lb 3, nb 3, w 5)TOTAL194/3 (41 Overs, RR: 4.73)Fall of wickets: 1-28 (NJ Astle, 2.1 ov), 2-66 (MS Sinclair, 14.1 ov), 3-166 (CJ Nevin, 37.1 ov)
Player Of The Match
- Martyn brought up 1000 runs in one day internationals when he reached 34, off his 43rd ball faced, during Styris' first over.
- Australia: 50 from 81 balls, 46 minutes; 100 from 143 balls, 98 minutes; 150 from 214 balls, 144 minutes.
- DR Martyn: 50 from 52 balls, 67 minutes, 8x4, 1x6; 100 from 118 balls, 115 minutes, 12x4, 1x6. 116* is his highest one day international score, and his first century.
- GD McGrath: 11 is his highest one day international score.
- Australia 4th wicket partnership (Martyn/ ME Waugh): 50 from 72 balls, 47 minutes.
- Australia 10th wicket partnership (Martyn/McGrath): 31 runs from 45 balls, 29 minutes is the highest for Australia against New Zealand.
- New Zealand: 50 from 52 balls, 38 minutes; 100 from 138 balls, 101 minutes; 150 from 204 balls, 147 minutes.
- New Zealand 3rd wicket partnership (Nevin/Fleming): 50 from 48 minutes, 66 balls; 100 from 134 balls, 93 minutes.
- CJ Nevin: 50 from 70 balls, 122 minutes, 5x4
- SP Fleming: 50 from 77 balls, 90 minutes, 6x4.
- ML Hayden debut bowling in one day internationals.
- Play delayed for 17 minutes at 9:04 pm as several of the lighting towers failed after 40.3 overs.
- New Zealand innings: 1x5 ball over (35th over - SK Warne's 8th over, called by umpire DB Cowie)
Cricket in New Zealand is on track
Too often in New Zealand's cricket history sides have got themselves into winning positions only to fail ram the advantage home
Pay-off time has arrived for the Black Caps who start their Test summer in Zimbabwe today
HAMILTON, NZ, April 3 AAP - Steve Waugh today predicted his Australian cricket team is only at the start of the record-breaking path it blazed throughout the summer, predicting another monumental harvest next season
Justin Langer's quick-fire century led Australia to a six-wicket win in thefinal test of the National Bank series in New Zealand, the virtuallyunchallenged march to the 210 needed for victory hardly in keeping with theebb and flow of the previous