- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRc & b Doull1129480037.93c Astle b O'Connor011000.00c Fleming b O'Connor3790042.85c McMillan b Cairns075000.00c Harris b O'Connor2359723038.98c & b Harris31771141040.25c †Parore b Doull3669753052.17b Nash817260047.05c †Parore b O'Connor1020290050.00b O'Connor57101071.42not out1340033.33Extras10 (lb 4, nb 1, w 5)TOTAL138 all out (49 Overs, RR: 2.81)Fall of wickets: 1-1 (CB Wishart, 0.3 ov), 2-6 (MW Goodwin, 2.4 ov), 3-7 (A Flower, 3.5 ov), 4-23 (GW Flower, 11.2 ov), 5-48 (ADR Campbell, 21.1 ov), 6-114 (GJ Whittall, 40.6 ov), 7-114 (DP Viljoen, 41.2 ov), 8-131 (PA Strang, 47.1 ov), 9-133 (HH Streak, 48.1 ov), 10-138 (JA Rennie, 48.6 ov)
- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRc Wishart b Streak715210046.66run out (Streak)67891058275.28not out3656922064.28not out1711821154.54Extras12 (b 2, lb 4, nb 1, w 5)TOTAL139/2 (28.2 Overs, RR: 4.9)Fall of wickets: 1-18 (LG Howell, 4.6 ov), 2-121 (NJ Astle, 26.1 ov)
New Zealand , elected to field first
Player Of The Match
New Zealand led the 5-match series 2-0
6 February 1998 (50-over match)
- SB O'Connor 5-39 is his best bowling figures in ODIs (previous: 4-51 v Australia at Sydney in 1997-98) and the the best bowling figures by a New Zealander v Zimbabwe (previous: DL Vettori 4-49 at Hamilton in 1997-98).
- NJ Astle 50 off 66 balls, 7x4, 1x6.
- The 2nd wicket partnership of 103 between NJ Astle and AC Parore is a new record for New Zealand v Zimbabwe (previous: 87 by RT Latham and AH Jones at Bulawayo in 1992-93).