- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRc Muralitharan b Pushpakumara1117182064.70c Atapattu b Vaas7916221413148.76c Atapattu b Vaas9222133010141.62b Pushpakumara1520381175.00lbw b Pushpakumara621211396051.23c Tillakaratne b Pushpakumara9918830913052.65run out (Ranatunga)781912198040.83lbw b Jayasuriya11111310100.00c Vaas b Jayasuriya11318007.69lbw b Pushpakumara015000.00not out1430025.00Extras36 (b 8, lb 13, nb 12, w 3)TOTAL485 all out (155 Overs, RR: 3.12)Fall of wickets: 1-15 (NR Mongia), 2-152 (NS Sidhu), 3-182 (SR Tendulkar), 4-272 (R Dravid), 5-303 (M Azharuddin), 6-462 (A Kumble), 7-476 (J Srinath), 8-484 (RK Chauhan), 9-484 (SC Ganguly), 10-485 (A Kuruvilla)
India , elected to bat first
3-match series level 0-0
26,27,28,29,30 November 1997 (5-day match)
- Wed, 26 Nov - day 1 - India 1st innings 133/1 (NS Sidhu 64*, R Dravid 47*, 41 ov)
- Thu, 27 Nov - day 2 - India 1st innings 401/5 (SC Ganguly 67*, A Kumble 42*, 131 ov)
- Fri, 28 Nov - day 3 - India 1st innings 485
- Sat, 29 Nov - day 4 - no play
- Sun, 30 Nov - day 5 - India 1st innings 485 (155 ov) - end of match
- No play on day 5 due to overnight thunderstorms, and the match was abandoned.
- Play washed out due to rain.
- Indian innings ended 5 minutes before the scheduled lunch. There was no play after that due to persistent drizzle.
- Two minutes after Ganguly's dismissal, Blewett was also out for 99 in the 3rd Test between Australia and New Zealand in Hobart.
- There were 3 interruptions after 1, 5.1 and 6.1 overs. There was a thunderstorm after the 6.1 over, resulting in play resuming only at the scheduled post-tea session. Play was extended after the scheduled close of play. Bad light ended the day after 41 overs.
Martin Williamson looks back at a three-over farce on Christmas Day at Indore