- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRlbw b Mushtaq Ahmed3967935058.20lbw b Mohammad Zahid1232502037.50lbw b Mohammad Zahid321000150.00c †Moin Khan b Mushtaq Ahmed6710919011061.46c †Moin Khan b Mushtaq Ahmed1112142091.66c Saeed Anwar b Mushtaq Ahmed22900100.00c Mohammad Wasim b Mushtaq Ahmed923430039.13lbw b Mohammad Zahid1330033.33c †Moin Khan b Mohammad Zahid551481549037.16c Ijaz Ahmed b Mushtaq Ahmed2150772042.00not out1670016.66Extras28 (b 4, lb 14, nb 10)TOTAL249 all out (74 Overs, RR: 3.36)Fall of wickets: 1-33 (JTC Vaughan), 2-43 (AC Parore), 3-59 (BA Young), 4-77 (NJ Astle), 5-87 (MJ Greatbatch), 6-110 (CL Cairns), 7-111 (CZ Harris), 8-192 (SP Fleming), 9-241 (LK Germon), 10-249 (DN Patel)
- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRc Doull b Cairns14921431120069.62c Fleming b Cairns2680033.33lbw b Cairns12519827319163.13lbw b Harris421011405041.58c Vaughan b Harris1450025.00b Cairns781592138049.05c Cairns b Doull522270022.72lbw b Doull216260012.50c & b Cairns1040421025.00lbw b Astle013000.00not out016000.00Extras16 (lb 14, nb 2)TOTAL430 all out (126.4 Overs, RR: 3.39)Fall of wickets: 1-6 (Zahoor Elahi), 2-268 (Ijaz Ahmed), 3-290 (Saeed Anwar), 4-291 (Inzamam-ul-Haq), 5-375 (Mushtaq Ahmed), 6-394 (Mohammad Wasim), 7-398 (Moin Khan), 8-419 (Shahid Nazir), 9-420 (Mohammad Zahid), 10-430 (Saleem Malik)
- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRc Zahoor Elahi b Mohammad Zahid611211716050.41lbw b Mohammad Zahid27751224036.00lbw b Mohammad Zahid627321022.22b Mohammad Zahid01229000.00c Saeed Anwar b Mushtaq Ahmed1930362063.33lbw b Mohammad Zahid11826005.55c †Moin Khan b Shahid Nazir415251026.66b Mushtaq Ahmed1118331061.11lbw b Mohammad Zahid1427383051.85lbw b Mohammad Zahid01119000.00not out46101066.66Extras21 (lb 7, nb 13, w 1)TOTAL168 all out (58 Overs, RR: 2.89)Fall of wickets: 1-82 (JTC Vaughan), 2-105 (AC Parore), 3-109 (BA Young), 4-112 (LK Germon), 5-119 (NJ Astle), 6-137 (MJ Greatbatch), 7-137 (SP Fleming), 8-163 (CL Cairns), 9-163 (DN Patel), 10-168 (CZ Harris)
Pakistan , elected to field first
Player Of The Match
2-match series drawn 1-1
28,29,30 November, 1 December 1996 (5-day match)
- Thu, 28 Nov - day 1 - New Zealand 1st innings 215/8 (LK Germon 45*, DN Patel 6*)
- Fri, 29 Nov - day 2 - Pakistan 1st innings 269/2 (Saeed Anwar 130*, Mushtaq Ahmed 1*)
- Sat, 30 Nov - day 3 - New Zealand 2nd innings 69/0 (BA Young 38*, JTC Vaughan 26*)
- Sun, 01 Dec - day 4 - New Zealand 2nd innings 168 (58 ov) - end of match
- Mohammad Zahid is the first Pakistan player to take 10 wickets on Test debut.
- Saeed Anwar 149 off 214 balls, 305 mins, 20x4.
- Mushtaq Ahmed (42) is his best Test innings.
- CL Cairns fined 50 percent of his match fee for disputing an umpiring decision.
- Ijaz Ahmed fined 50 percent of his match fee for dissent after being given out by umpire Javed Akhtar.
- Lunch: NZ 68/3 (Fleming 7*, Astle 3*)
- Tea: NZ 163/7 (Fleming 52*, Germon 20*)
- SP Fleming 50, 9x4 (10th Test 50)
- SP Fleming 67 off 110 balls, 208 mins, 11x4.
- 4 overs into the 3rd session play was delayed for 20 minutes due to the low position of the sun which was being reflected off objects into the batsmen eyes.