- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRc Knight b Cork2052661038.46c Atherton b Lewis0916000.00c Atherton b Lewis2347684048.93b Cork2441714058.53c Knight b Irani1327303048.14b Mullally2039484051.28c Thorpe b Mullally1264931018.75c Knight b Cork58131062.50c †Russell b Mullally5265949080.00c Thorpe b Cork2849764057.14not out01824000.00Extras17 (b 3, lb 10, nb 4)TOTAL214 all out (69.1 Overs, RR: 3.09)Fall of wickets: 1-8 (A Jadeja), 1-40 (SV Manjrekar, retired not out ), 2-41 (V Rathour), 3-64 (M Azharuddin), 4-93 (SR Tendulkar), 5-103 (NR Mongia), 6-118 (SV Manjrekar), 7-127 (A Kumble), 8-150 (SB Joshi), 9-203 (J Srinath), 10-214 (PL Mhambrey)
- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRc †Mongia b Srinath2748784056.25c Rathour b Mhambrey33981225033.67c sub (R Dravid) b Srinath12822731318156.38b Srinath2130452170.00c Mhambrey b Prasad829402027.58c †Mongia b Srinath34344170100.00b Prasad01422000.00c Rathour b Prasad011000.00c Jadeja b Prasad4980044.44lbw b Kumble1835522051.42not out1425473056.00Extras26 (b 16, lb 3, nb 7)TOTAL313 all out (90.2 Overs, RR: 3.46)Fall of wickets: 1-60 (NV Knight), 2-72 (MA Atherton), 3-109 (GP Thorpe), 4-149 (GA Hick), 5-195 (RC Irani), 6-205 (RC Russell), 7-205 (CC Lewis), 8-215 (DG Cork), 9-264 (MM Patel), 10-313 (N Hussain)
- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRc Hick b Cork711211063.63c †Russell b Lewis627371022.22c Hussain b Cork936201025.00c Thorpe b Lewis12217726319168.92b Mullally035000.00c †Russell b Mullally1215991080.00c Knight b Lewis1864482028.12run out (Knight/Hick)1554702027.77lbw b Lewis11418007.14b Lewis1520282075.00not out0616000.00Extras14 (b 4, lb 9, nb 1)TOTAL219 all out (70.4 Overs, RR: 3.09)Fall of wickets: 1-15 (V Rathour), 2-17 (A Jadeja), 3-35 (NR Mongia), 4-36 (M Azharuddin), 5-68 (SB Joshi), 6-127 (SV Manjrekar), 7-185 (A Kumble), 8-193 (J Srinath), 9-208 (SR Tendulkar), 10-219 (PL Mhambrey)
- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRlbw b Prasad1429401048.27not out531001533053.00c Srinath b Prasad1943542044.18not out1736592047.22Extras18 (b 8, lb 7, nb 2, w 1)TOTAL121/2 (33.5 Overs, RR: 3.57)Fall of wickets: 1-37 (NV Knight), 2-77 (N Hussain)
India , elected to bat first
Player Of The Match
England led the 3-match series 1-0
6,7,8,9 June 1996 (5-day match)
- Thu, 06 Jun - day 1 - England 1st innings 60/0 (NV Knight 27*, MA Atherton 31*)
- Fri, 07 Jun - day 2 - India 2nd innings 5/0 (V Rathour 5*, A Jadeja 0*)
- Sat, 08 Jun - day 3 - England 2nd innings 73/1 (MA Atherton 29*, N Hussain 18*)
- Sun, 09 Jun - day 4 - England 2nd innings 121/2 (33.5 ov) - end of match
- Tendulkar's 9th test century
- Tendulkar reached his century with a 6 off Patel.
- India 2nd innings: 2x7 ball overs (DB Hair miscounted, once each for Mullally and Patel).
- Hussain's maiden test century
- SV Manjrekar (1) retired hurt on 10* from 40/1 to 103/5
- Manjrekar used a runner upon the resumption of his innings
- Irani took the wicket of Azharuddin off the 5th delivery he bowled in Test cricket.