- BATSMENRMB4s6sSRc Holder b Ambrose1120151073.33c Adams b Ambrose4152464089.13run out042000.00b Walsh821111072.72c Lara b Ambrose2770028.57c & b Harper2160372056.75c Harper b Walsh611361061157.54c & b Simmons71635853122.41b Ambrose918120075.00b Walsh2840050.00not out1320050.00Extras16 (lb 4, nb 4, w 8)TOTAL243 all out (49.1 Overs, RR: 4.94)Fall of wickets: 1-22 (CM Spearman, ), 2-24 (LK Germon, ), 3-51 (SP Fleming, ), 4-70 (NJ Astle, ), 5-70 (CZ Harris, ), 6-113 (CL Cairns, ), 7-224 (DN Patel, ), 8-238 (AC Parore, ), 9-241 (GR Larsen, ), 10-243 (DJ Nash, )
- BATSMENRMB4s6sSRb Harris62110908068.88c & b Harris61105755081.33lbw b Harris1217132092.30b Larsen2867462060.86c Fleming b Morrison2990022.22c †Germon b Cairns1630220072.72c Spearman b Astle3450060.00not out26452621100.00lbw b Larsen011000.00b Morrison17181011170.00not out55310166.66Extras15 (b 1, lb 6, nb 3, w 5)TOTAL247/9 (49.1 Overs, RR: 5.02)Fall of wickets: 1-125 (S Chanderpaul, ), 2-133 (SC Williams, ), 3-142 (BC Lara, ), 4-147 (JC Adams, ), 5-179 (RIC Holder, ), 6-184 (RD Jacobs, ), 7-197 (PV Simmons, ), 8-197 (IR Bishop, ), 9-221 (CEL Ambrose, )
- Sabina Park, Kingston, Jamaica
West Indies , elected to field first
West Indies led the 5-match series 1-0
Player of the match
26 March 1996 (50-over match)
- DN Patel 50 off 47 balls
- AC Parore 50 off 91 balls
- AC Parore and DN Patel 111 for the 7th wicket, 2nd highest 7th wicket partnership for any country in ODIs (highest: 115 for WI v PAK at Gujranawala 1986/87), record 7th wicket partnership for New Zealand, highest ever partnership for any wicket for New Zealand against the West Indies.
- DN Patel 71, highest score for New Zealand in West Indies, 2nd highest ever by NZ against WI.
- RA Harper scored 6,4,4 from the first 3 balls of the 49th over bowled by Nash.
- 50th over: bowled by Morrison, WI 241/9. b1: Harper scored a single. b2: Walsh was caught and bowled off a no ball, scores tied at 243. b3: Walsh ran a single.