- BATSMENRMB4s6sSRc Hudson b Donald02421000.00b McMillan1375510025.49b Adams662611798036.87c McMillan b Donald2045433046.51c McMillan b Donald2130066.66c McMillan b Pollock978571015.78lbw b Pollock116920122.22b Donald1653332048.48c Hudson b Donald066000.00not out51281062.50b Adams1530033.33Extras10 (b 4, lb 1, nb 4, w 1)TOTAL153 all out (68.1 Overs, RR: 2.24)Fall of wickets: 1-0 (MA Atherton, ), 2-24 (AJ Stewart, ), 3-58 (GP Thorpe, ), 4-60 (GA Hick, ), 5-103 (RC Russell, ), 6-115 (M Watkinson, ), 7-141 (DG Cork, ), 8-147 (PJ Martin, ), 9-151 (RA Smith, ), 10-153 (DE Malcolm, )
- BATSMENRMB4s6sSRc Atherton b Watkinson23156993023.23lbw b Cork0105000.00c †Russell b Cork1233332036.36c †Russell b Martin622041347046.26c †Russell b Fraser1699700022.85run out1148292037.93lbw b Martin7117651010.76not out54172985055.10c Smith b Watkinson417240016.66c †Russell b Cork312120025.00c Hick b Martin2965383076.31Extras23 (lb 22, nb 1)TOTAL244 all out (101 Overs, RR: 2.41)Fall of wickets: 1-1 (AC Hudson, ), 2-19 (WJ Cronje, ), 3-79 (G Kirsten, ), 4-125 (DJ Cullinan, ), 5-125 (JN Rhodes, ), 6-144 (BM McMillan, ), 7-154 (JH Kallis, ), 8-163 (SM Pollock, ), 9-171 (AA Donald, ), 10-244 (PR Adams, )
- BATSMENRMB4s6sSRc †Richardson b Donald1018151066.66c Cullinan b Pollock748391017.94c Adams b Donald13424004.16c †Richardson b Adams1357361036.11run out591611268046.82lbw b Pollock3696794245.56c Hudson b Pollock2140050.00lbw b Adams064000.00c Kallis b Pollock81492088.88c Adams b Pollock931350025.71not out01711000.00Extras12 (b 2, lb 5, nb 5)TOTAL157 all out (62.5 Overs, RR: 2.49)Fall of wickets: 1-16 (MA Atherton, ), 2-22 (AJ Stewart, ), 3-22 (ARC Fraser, ), 4-66 (RA Smith, ), 5-138 (GA Hick, ), 6-140 (RC Russell, ), 7-140 (GP Thorpe, ), 8-140 (M Watkinson, ), 9-150 (DG Cork, ), 10-157 (PJ Martin, )
- BATSMENRMB4s6sSRnot out4163488085.41not out2763445061.36Extras2 (lb 1, nb 1)TOTAL70/0 (15.4 Overs, RR: 4.46)
Player Of The Match
Player Of The Series
- Tue, 2 Jan - day 1 - South Africa 1st innings 44/2 (G Kirsten 14*, DJ Cullinan 7*)
- Wed, 3 Jan - day 2 - England 2nd innings 17/1 (AJ Stewart 4*, ARC Fraser 0*)
- Thu, 4 Jan - day 3 - South Africa 2nd innings 70/0 (15.4 ov) - end of match
- On Thorpe's run out, umpire Orchard initially gave not out
- but consulted TV replay after discussions with Cronje, and
- reversed his decision.
- Tea taken early at fall of England's 10th wicket.
- AA Donald awarded Man of the Series for 'contributing the
- most towards South Africa winning the series'.
- Following the presentations, commentator Jack Bannister
- honoured his pre-series promise that he would "eat this
- piece of paper if South Africa win the series".
- Scheduled 5th day of Test replaced by a day/night limited
- overs match versus Western Province.
- South Africa's first series win at home against England since
- Lunch RSA 109-3, DC 53* JR9*
- After bowling 3 overs for 17 runs,Fraser bowled 6 successive
- maidens in the afternoon session.
- McMillan run out by Cork
- Tea RSA 148-6 (JK 7* DR 2*)
- New ball taken after 84 overs
He'd played two first-class when he made his Test debut and his action was extraordinary. Paul Adams certainly made an impression