- BATSMENRMB4s6sSRc Crawley b Cork1657503032.00c †Russell b Fraser1036232043.47lbw b Cork8715311816073.72c Knight b Fraser2450393061.53c Thorpe b Fraser2870028.57c Cork b Watkinson1755482135.41c Emburey b Watkinson1338211061.90c †Russell b Cork933182050.00not out742181038.88b Cork14151130127.27c Knight b Fraser1112142078.57Extras6 (lb 1, nb 5)TOTAL216 all out (60.2 Overs, RR: 3.58)Fall of wickets: 1-21 (SL Campbell, ), 2-35 (CL Hooper, ), 3-86 (JC Adams, ), 4-94 (RB Richardson, ), 5-150 (KLT Arthurton, ), 6-166 (BC Lara, ), 7-184 (JR Murray, ), 8-185 (IR Bishop, ), 9-205 (KCG Benjamin, ), 10-216 (CA Walsh, )
- BATSMENRMB4s6sSRb Walsh1776452037.77c †Murray b Ambrose471721306036.15b Walsh833261030.76c †Murray b Bishop9425814712063.94c sub (SC Williams) b Ambrose441461065041.50c †Murray b Benjamin2383523044.23run out35102861040.69c sub (SC Williams) b Walsh371161073034.57not out56140917061.53b Bishop851431018.60c Adams b Walsh436230017.39Extras64 (b 18, lb 11, nb 34, w 1)TOTAL437 all out (136 Overs, RR: 3.21)Fall of wickets: 1-45 (NV Knight, ), 2-65 (JP Crawley, ), 3-122 (MA Atherton, ), 4-226 (RA Smith, ), 5-264 (GP Thorpe, ), 6-293 (C White, ), 7-337 (RC Russell, ), 8-378 (M Watkinson, ), 9-418 (JE Emburey, ), 10-437 (ARC Fraser, )
- BATSMENRMB4s6sSRc †Russell b Watkinson441371026043.13run out1786743022.97c Knight b Fraser14528122616064.15c & b Watkinson1630033.33b Cork2284574038.59lbw b Cork011000.00lbw b Cork011000.00c Crawley b Watkinson937232039.13c Knight b Fraser1537223068.18not out2382434053.48b Cork1624181188.88Extras22 (b 5, lb 9, nb 8)TOTAL314 all out (91.5 Overs, RR: 3.41)Fall of wickets: 1-36 (KLT Arthurton, ), 2-93 (SL Campbell, ), 3-97 (JC Adams, ), 4-161 (RB Richardson, ), 5-161 (JR Murray, ), 6-161 (CL Hooper, ), 7-191 (IR Bishop, ), 8-234 (KCG Benjamin, ), 9-283 (BC Lara, ), 10-314 (CA Walsh, )
- BATSMENRMB4s6sSRc sub (S Chanderpaul) b Bishop1381641020.31run out2259403055.00not out15111621024.19c Ambrose b Benjamin066000.00retired hurt11380012.50c sub (S Chanderpaul) b Benjamin1950020.00not out3154395079.48Extras11 (lb 2, nb 8, w 1)TOTAL94/4 (35.5 Overs, RR: 2.62)Fall of wickets: 1-39 (MA Atherton, ), 2-41 (NV Knight, ), 3-45 (GP Thorpe, ), 3-47 (RA Smith, ), 4-48 (C White, )
West Indies , elected to bat first
Player Of The Match
6-match series level 2-2
27,28,29,30 July 1995 (5-day match)
- Thu, 27 Jul - day 1 - England 1st innings 65/2 (MA Atherton 15*)
- Fri, 28 Jul - day 2 - England 1st innings 347/7 (M Watkinson 25*, DG Cork 3*)
- Sat, 29 Jul - day 3 - West Indies 2nd innings 159/3 (BC Lara 59*, RB Richardson 21*)
- Sun, 30 Jul - day 4 - England 2nd innings 94/4 (35.5 ov) - end of match
- Cork takes a hat-trick in the very first over of the day. This is the 22nd hat-trick in test cricket.
- Lara scores the first century of the series for either side.
- RA Smith retired hurt at 47/3 (fractured cheek bone after being struck by a ball from Bishop)
- Streakers (male and female) interrupt the match very often.
- Cork unsettles the bail and runs 4 but the fielders do not notice this and do not appeal. He went on to score 56 not out.
- Hooper stayed off from the field because of an injured finger and so could not bat above no. 7.
- Tea taken early due to rain.
- Play abandoned 15 mins after scheduled close due to bad light with 5 overs remaining.
- Tea was taken 20 minutes early because the sun's reflection of the roof of a greenhouse was disturbing the batsmen.
- RC Russell got his 100th Test dismissal when he caught Bishop.
- Crawley was dismissed in the final over of the day.