- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRc †Healy b Fleming1970011.11b McDermott882673298032.95b McDermott213210015.38lbw b McDermott1017262058.82c ME Waugh b Fleming722262886031.85c †Healy b McDermott044000.00c †Healy b Fleming27961402028.12run out (Waugh/Fleming/†Healy)1230050.00c Fleming b McDermott5156724191.07b Warne29182232161.11not out417250023.52Extras24 (b 8, lb 7, nb 9)TOTAL309 all out (119.2 Overs, RR: 2.58, 475 minutes)Fall of wickets: 1-1 (GA Gooch), 2-10 (GA Hick), 3-20 (GP Thorpe), 4-194 (MA Atherton), 5-194 (MW Gatting), 6-196 (JP Crawley), 7-197 (SJ Rhodes), 8-255 (D Gough), 9-295 (DE Malcolm), 10-309 (ARC Fraser)
- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRb Malcolm1124361045.83c & b Gough491312092037.40b Gough3550060.00c †Rhodes b Malcolm3440075.00c Thorpe b Fraser831561025.80b Gough18110012.50c Hick b Gough1019202052.63c Gatting b Fraser054000.00c Hick b Gough027000.00not out2130612070.00b Gough011000.00Extras10 (b 6, lb 1, nb 3)TOTAL116 all out (42.5 Overs, RR: 2.7, 211 minutes)Fall of wickets: 1-12 (MJ Slater), 2-15 (DC Boon), 3-18 (ME Waugh), 4-38 (MG Bevan), 5-39 (SR Waugh), 6-57 (IA Healy), 7-62 (SK Warne), 8-65 (TBA May), 9-116 (MA Taylor), 10-116 (DW Fleming)
- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRlbw b Fleming2937614078.37c Taylor b Fleming671662195040.36not out9816625510159.03not out4771974066.19Extras14 (lb 6, nb 7, w 1)TOTAL255/2d (72 Overs, RR: 3.54, 317 minutes)Fall of wickets: 1-54 (GA Gooch), 2-158 (MA Atherton)
- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRb Malcolm1132483649045.56c Tufnell b Fraser10323628310043.64c Hick b Gough17701071024.28lbw b Fraser2534604073.52c †Rhodes b Fraser714211050.00c †Rhodes b Fraser088000.00c †Rhodes b Fraser511130045.45not out3659884061.01not out1064770015.62Extras28 (b 12, lb 3, nb 12, w 1)TOTAL344/7 (121.4 Overs, RR: 2.82, 514 minutes)Fall of wickets: 1-208 (MJ Slater), 2-239 (MA Taylor), 3-265 (DC Boon), 4-282 (MG Bevan), 5-286 (SR Waugh), 6-289 (ME Waugh), 7-292 (IA Healy)
England , elected to bat first
Player Of The Match
Australia led the 5-match series 2-0
1,2,3,4,5 January 1995 (5-day match)
- Sun, 01 Jan - day 1 - England 1st innings 198/7 (ARC Fraser 3*, D Gough 0*, )
- Mon, 02 Jan - day 2 - Australia 1st innings 4/0 (MJ Slater 4*, MA Taylor 0*, )
- Tue, 03 Jan - day 3 - England 2nd innings 90/1 (MA Atherton 32*, GA Hick 22*, )
- Wed, 04 Jan - day 4 - Australia 2nd innings 139/0 (MA Taylor 64*, MJ Slater 65*, )
- Thu, 05 Jan - day 5 - Australia 2nd innings 344/7 (121.4 ov) - end of match
- 12th Men: GD McGrath (Aus) and SD Udal (Eng)
- Eng 1st innings
- Crawley 50 (133b 177m 5x4) maiden Test half-century.
- Gough 51 (56b 72m 4x4 1x6)
- Gough was dropped in the slips at 50 by M Waugh, eventually holing out to Fleming at long-leg.
- Malcolm 29 (18b 24m 3x4 2x6)
- Rain delayed approx. 15 mins after lunch.
- Play continued for 3.3 overs until again rain caused a cessation (play stopped at 2:19)
- Play was officially abandoned at approximately 5:30 local time due to incessant drizzle.
- Aus 1st innings
- Healy was dismissed off the last ball before lunch.
- Australia saved the follow-on with four byes off Malcolm.
- Career-best figures for Gough, and his first innings haul of 5 wickets.
- Some play lost in the last session due to rain.
- Eng 2nd innings
- Atherton 50 (134b 180m 3x4)
- Hick 98* (161b 255m 10x4 1x6)
- Hick 50 (98b 151m 5x4)
- Atherton-Hick 100 partnership (205b 151m)
- Eng declared about 40 minutes before Tea, giving Aus exactly 30 minutes to bat before the interval.
- Aus 2nd innings
- Gough's first ball of the innings was short and hit Slater on the body. He thus missed out on the hat-trick.
- Slater (when on 74, Aus 157) was dropped by Crawley at mid-wicket when he tried to loft a ball.
- 1 hour 50 min approx. lost to rain after lunch. With the added hour, 7 overs were lost.
- Attendance: 126,485 David Mar, Chris Godfred, Ric Finlay