- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRc Raman b Kumble401762206022.72c †More b Srinath822973547027.60lbw b Kapil Dev45821086054.87c Azharuddin b Prabhakar391351595028.88c Azharuddin b Prabhakar724311029.16c †More b Srinath12132241415037.57b Prabhakar592012623029.35not out2342713054.76lbw b Srinath023000.00b Kumble514121035.71c Raman b Kumble074000.00Extras35 (b 1, lb 19, nb 15)TOTAL456 all out (214.2 Overs, RR: 2.12)Fall of wickets: 1-100 (KJ Arnott), 2-175 (ADR Campbell), 3-186 (GW Flower), 4-199 (MG Burmester), 5-252 (AJ Pycroft), 6-417 (A Flower), 7-445 (DL Houghton), 8-445 (EA Brandes), 9-454 (AJ Traicos), 10-456 (MP Jarvis)
- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRc Pycroft b Burmester1163870017.46b Crocker431641932026.21c sub (SG Davies) b Jarvis1044225297024.64c & b Traicos034000.00c GW Flower b Traicos927340033.33c Arnott b Traicos727260025.92b Traicos60951269063.15c Arnott b Traicos1441512034.14c Traicos b Burmester411601941125.62c †A Flower b Burmester067000.00not out613141046.15Extras12 (b 2, lb 9, nb 1)TOTAL307 all out (169.4 Overs, RR: 1.8)Fall of wickets: 1-29 (RJ Shastri), 2-77 (WV Raman), 3-78 (SR Tendulkar), 4-93 (M Azharuddin), 5-101 (SLV Raju), 6-197 (N Kapil Dev), 7-219 (M Prabhakar), 8-287 (SV Manjrekar), 9-294 (A Kumble), 10-307 (KS More)
- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRb Prabhakar321632172019.63c †More b Kapil Dev633440018.18b Kapil Dev011000.00lbw b Shastri46991341146.46not out4174833255.40not out13438002.94Extras20 (b 11, lb 4, nb 5)TOTAL146/4 (66 Overs, RR: 2.21)Fall of wickets: 1-16 (GW Flower), 2-16 (ADR Campbell), 3-93 (AJ Pycroft), 4-119 (KJ Arnott)
- Sun, 18 Oct - day 1 - Zimbabwe 1st innings 188/3 (AJ Pycroft 6*, MG Burmester 2*)
- Mon, 19 Oct - day 2 - Zimbabwe 1st innings 406/5 (DL Houghton 110*, A Flower 55*)
- Tue, 20 Oct - day 3 - India 1st innings 93/4 (SV Manjrekar 27*, SLV Raju 0*)
- Wed, 21 Oct - day 4 - India 1st innings 278/7 (SV Manjrekar 100*, KS More 23*)
- Thu, 22 Oct - day 5 - Zimbabwe 2nd innings 146/4 (66 ov) - end of match
- Scorers : Wendy Gilmour, Sahal Laher
- First ever Test for Zimbabwe.
- Except AJ Traicos, the remaining 10 Zimbabwe players debuted.
- Traicos, at the age of 45, created a world record of longest interval between two appearences in test history. His last appearence was for South Africa at Port Elizabeth on 10 Mar 1970 (interval = 22 years & 222 days). He broke G Gunn's (Eng) record of 17 years and 316 days.
- Traicos is the 14th player to have played for two different countries.
- Umpire HD Bird equalled Frank Chester's record of umpiring 48 tests.
- Zim 1st innings
- Maiden test century (on debut) by Houghton. 1st for Zimbabwe. Houghton 121 in 414 min, 322 balls, 15x4
- Houghton's catch was More's 100th dismissal.
- Ind 1st innings
- Manjrekar 5th slowest century, and slowest by an Indian 100* came in 500 min, 422 balls, 7x4 104 in 529 min, 422 balls, 7x4
<b>Kevin Arnott</b> on walking out to open in Zimbabwe's first Test
Sunil Gavaskar will be the only cricketer who will be invited by the Bangladesh Cricket Board as a special guest when they host the Indian team for their first ever Test match after attaining official status