- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRlbw b Botham2251773043.13b Allott1033221030.30c Botham b Ellison1857821031.57c Allott b Botham825421032.00c Tavare b Botham310140030.00not out601122025053.57c Gower b Ellison047000.00c Fowler b Allott3258735055.17b Botham1846613039.13lbw b Botham022000.00c †Downton b Allott634430017.64Extras13 (b 1, lb 4, nb 1, w 7)TOTAL190 all out (70 Overs, RR: 2.71)Fall of wickets: 1-19 (DL Haynes), 2-45 (CG Greenidge), 3-64 (HA Gomes), 4-64 (IVA Richards), 5-67 (PJL Dujon), 6-70 (MD Marshall), 7-124 (EAE Baptiste), 8-154 (RA Harper), 9-154 (MA Holding), 10-190 (J Garner)
- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRc Richards b Baptiste3151912060.78b Garner413190030.76c Greenidge b Marshall02142000.00c †Dujon b Holding1655922029.09c †Dujon b Holding1234412035.29lbw b Marshall1240670030.00c †Dujon b Marshall1420221070.00c Lloyd b Garner1662750025.80not out2043772046.51b Marshall1624291066.66b Marshall51060050.00Extras16 (b 2, lb 4, nb 10)TOTAL162 all out (61.5 Overs, RR: 2.61)Fall of wickets: 1-10 (BC Broad), 1-21* (G Fowler, retired not out ), 2-22 (PI Pocock), 3-45 (DI Gower), 4-64 (CJ Tavare), 5-83 (IT Botham), 6-84 (AJ Lamb), 7-116 (G Fowler), 8-133 (PR Downton), 9-156 (PJW Allott), 10-162 (JP Agnew)
- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRc Botham b Agnew3439514087.17b Botham12532943917037.99c Tavare b Ellison1650016.66lbw b Agnew15111320136.36c †Downton b Ellison36621083058.06c Lamb b Ellison4963778077.77c †Downton b Allott547700010.63c Lamb b Botham1214272085.71c †Downton b Allott17173021100.00lbw b Botham3036583183.33not out1015181066.66Extras12 (lb 12)TOTAL346 all out (96.3 Overs, RR: 3.58)Fall of wickets: 1-51 (CG Greenidge), 2-52 (HA Gomes), 3-69 (IVA Richards), 4-132 (CH Lloyd), 5-214 (PJL Dujon), 6-237 (EAE Baptiste), 7-264 (MD Marshall), 8-293 (RA Harper), 9-329 (DL Haynes), 10-346 (MA Holding)
- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRc Richards b Marshall730371023.33c Greenidge b Holding391041670037.50c Richards b Garner491532014032.02lbw b Holding712201058.33c Haynes b Holding1230050.00c Marshall b Garner545110060105.88lbw b Garner1046661021.73c Holding b Garner1324341054.16c Lloyd b Holding46131066.66c & b Holding021000.00not out22400100.00Extras16 (lb 2, nb 13, w 1)TOTAL202 all out (69.4 Overs, RR: 2.89)Fall of wickets: 1-15 (G Fowler), 2-75 (BC Broad), 3-88 (DI Gower), 4-90 (AJ Lamb), 5-135 (CJ Tavare), 6-181 (IT Botham), 7-186 (PR Downton), 8-200 (PJW Allott), 9-200 (PI Pocock), 10-202 (RM Ellison)
West Indies , elected to bat first
Player Of The Match
Player Of The Series
West Indies won the 5-match series 5-0
9,10,11,13,14 August 1984 (5-day match)
- Thu, 09 Aug - day 1 - England 1st innings 10/1 (G Fowler 4*, PI Pocock 0*)
- Fri, 10 Aug - day 2 - West Indies 2nd innings 15/0 (CG Greenidge 10*, DL Haynes 4*)
- Sat, 11 Aug - day 3 - West Indies 2nd innings 284/7 (DL Haynes 111*, RA Harper 14*)
- Sun, 12 Aug - rest day
- Mon, 13 Aug - day 4 - England 2nd innings 151/5 (IT Botham 32*, PR Downton 2*)
- Tue, 14 Aug - day 5 - England 2nd innings 202 (69.4 ov) - end of match
- PI Pocock becomes the second Englishman after R.Peel (1894-5) to be dismissed for a `pair' twice in consecutive matches.
- This is the 5th 5-Test blackwash in Test history, and the first to occur in England.
- G Fowler (1) retired hurt on 12* from 21/1 to 83/5 (struck on the arm by a Marshall delivery)
- Botham takes 300 wickets, and becomes the first to complete the 'triple double' of 3000 runs and 300 wkts.
George Dobell picks his top five teams in the history of Test cricket