- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRc Dyson b Lillee12735003.70c Hughes b Yardley893374669026.40c Dyson b Alderman72981439073.46c †Marsh b Yardley46891095151.68c †Marsh b Lawson1271220171.42c Wood b Yardley781632185047.85c †Marsh b Lillee3075994040.00b Lillee01930000.00not out2961924047.54c Lillee b Yardley2656684046.42b Yardley4991044.44Extras24 (b 7, lb 9, nb 6, w 2)TOTAL411 all out (155.4 Overs, RR: 2.64)Fall of wickets: 1-14 (G Cook), 2-109 (DI Gower), 3-189 (AJ Lamb), 4-204 (IT Botham), 5-304 (CJ Tavare), 6-323 (DW Randall), 7-342 (DR Pringle), 8-357 (G Miller), 9-406 (RGD Willis), 10-411 (NG Cowans)
- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRc & b Willis2970913041.42lbw b Miller521452005035.86c †Taylor b Botham820341040.00c Lamb b Willis11717425911267.24c Willis b Miller621311187047.32lbw b Miller561131409049.55c Cook b Botham055000.00b Miller50801145062.50c Lamb b Willis1762751027.41not out216280012.50Extras31 (b 4, lb 1, nb 25, w 1)TOTAL424/9d (131.5 Overs, RR: 3.21)Fall of wickets: 1-63 (GM Wood), 2-76 (AR Border), 3-123 (J Dyson), 4-264 (KJ Hughes), 5-311 (GS Chappell), 6-311 (RW Marsh), 7-374 (DW Hookes), 8-414 (GF Lawson), 9-424 (B Yardley)
- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRc Border b Lawson723321030.43c Chappell b Yardley9821270010.97lbw b Lillee2852641053.84c †Marsh b Lawson56931258060.21b Lawson026000.00b Lawson11521526613053.48b Yardley31721184043.05c †Marsh b Yardley0613000.00not out471071316043.92b Lawson037000.00lbw b Chappell3655685165.45Extras29 (b 5, lb 11, nb 11, w 2)TOTAL358 all out (116.3 Overs, RR: 3.07)Fall of wickets: 1-10 (G Cook), 2-51 (DI Gower), 3-77 (CJ Tavare), 4-80 (IT Botham), 5-151 (AJ Lamb), 6-228 (RW Taylor), 7-242 (G Miller), 8-292 (DW Randall), 9-292 (RGD Willis), 10-358 (NG Cowans)
- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRc †Taylor b Willis086000.00c Cowans b Willis12122810100.00not out3265884049.23not out2255663040.00Extras7 (lb 1, nb 6)TOTAL73/2 (22 Overs, RR: 3.31)Fall of wickets: 1-2 (GM Wood), 2-22 (J Dyson)
Australia , elected to field first
Player Of The Match
5-match series level 0-0
12,13,14,16,17 November 1982 (5-day match)
- Fri, 12 Nov - day 1 - England 1st innings 242/4 (CJ Tavare 66*, DW Randall 32*)
- Sat, 13 Nov - day 2 - Australia 1st innings 30/0 (GM Wood 12*, J Dyson 12*)
- Sun, 14 Nov - day 3 - Australia 1st innings 333/6 (DW Hookes 35*, GF Lawson 4*)
- Mon, 15 Nov - rest day
- Tue, 16 Nov - day 4 - England 2nd innings 163/5 (DW Randall 45*, RW Taylor 3*)
- Wed, 17 Nov - day 5 - Australia 2nd innings 73/2 (22 ov) - end of match
- Cowans, England's 500th Test representative
- Eng 1st innings
- TM Alderman severely dislocated his shoulder after tackling one of two dozen spectators involved in a pitch invasion; this particular spectator had cuffed him from behind. Chappell led his side from the field for 14 minutes - 26 arrests were made.
- CJ Tavare spent 90 minutes with his score on 66
- B Yardley passes 100 wickets (28th Test)
- Aus 1st innings
- IT Botham passes 3000 runs and 250 wickets in the same match, in his 55th Test (first player to do so).
- Eng 2nd innings
- CJ Tavare took 63 min. to get off the mark.