- BATSMENR4s6sc Gleeson b Willoughby17-0c Routledge b Willoughby000c Sinclair b Middleton30-0b Middleton43-0run out25-0c †Halliwell b Hime7-0c Fichardt b Middleton26-0b Middleton000b Sinclair19-0not out4-0c †Halliwell b Middleton100Extras13 (b 13)TOTAL185 all out (70.4 Overs, RR: 3.13 per 6 ball)Fall of wickets: 1-0 (GA Lohmann), 2-25 (Sir TC O'Brien), 3-68 (TW Hayward), 4-120 (AJL Hill), 5-125 (CB Fry), 6-131 (SMJ Woods), 7-140 (Lord Hawke), 8-175 (HR Bromley-Davenport), 9-184 (CW Wright), 10-185 (HR Butt)
- BATSMENR4s6sb Bromley-Davenport22-0c O'Brien b Bromley-Davenport23-0b Lohmann11-0b Lohmann4-0b Lohmann000b Lohmann13-0b Lohmann4-0c Lohmann b Hayward300b Lohmann7-0not out4-0b Lohmann000Extras2 (b 2)TOTAL93 all out (30.4 Overs, RR: 3.62 per 6 ball)Fall of wickets: 1-29 (TW Routledge), 2-58 (RM Poore), 3-58 (F Hearne), 4-62 (JH Sinclair), 5-62 (CFW Hime), 6-77 (CG Fichardt), 7-80 (RA Gleeson), 8-80 (EA Halliwell), 9-92 (FJ Cook), 10-93 (JT Willoughby)
- BATSMENR4s6sb Sinclair33-0b Middleton000b Sinclair16-0c †Halliwell b Willoughby6-0c †Halliwell b Middleton15-0b Willoughby000b Middleton37-0c Poore b Sinclair53-0c Poore b Middleton7-0c Gleeson b Poore30-0not out20-0Extras9 (b 9)TOTAL226 all out (80.4 Overs, RR: 3.35 per 6 ball)Fall of wickets: 1-0 (HR Butt), 2-39 (Sir TC O'Brien), 3-52 (TW Hayward), 4-68 (CW Wright), 5-68 (GA Lohmann), 6-72 (CB Fry), 7-161 (SMJ Woods), 8-169 (AJL Hill), 9-184 (HR Bromley-Davenport), 10-226 (Lord Hawke)
- BATSMENR4s6sb Lohmann200b Lohmann5-0c O'Brien b Lohmann10-0b Lohmann000lbw b Bromley-Davenport100b Hayward8-0c Hayward b Lohmann300not out100b Lohmann000b Lohmann000c Hayward b Lohmann000Extras0TOTAL30 all out (18.4 Overs, RR: 1.91 per 6 ball)Fall of wickets: 1-4 (TW Routledge), 2-11 (F Hearne), 3-11 (JH Sinclair), 4-18 (CG Fichardt), 5-18 (RM Poore), 6-28 (EA Halliwell), 7-29 (CFW Hime), 8-30 (FJ Cook), 9-30 (J Middleton), 10-30 (JT Willoughby)
South Africa , elected to field first
England led the 3-match series 1-0
13,14 February 1896 (3-day match)
Balls per over
- Thu, 13 Feb - day 1 - England 2nd innings 0/1 (CW Wright 0*)
- Fri, 14 Feb - day 2 - South Africa 2nd innings 30 (18.4 ov) - end of match
- South Africa were dismissed in only 94 balls for 30, the lowest score until 1954-55 when New Zealand were dismissed for 26.
- Lohmann's analysis of 8 for 7 set a new Test record and he ended the match - on the second day - with a hat-trick.
- SMJ Woods was making his debut for England after playing for Australia.