- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRrun out (Vaas)818271044.44run out (Jayasuriya)1532580046.87c Jayasuriya b Muralitharan3564745054.68c Muralitharan b Vaas751021258073.52b Jayasuriya1936551052.77not out39344550114.70c de Silva b Vaas15131700115.38not out012000.00Extras22 (b 1, lb 16, nb 1, w 4)TOTAL228/6 (50 Overs, RR: 4.56)Fall of wickets: 1-19 (A Flower), 2-51 (GW Flower), 3-92 (GJ Whittall), 4-160 (AC Waller), 5-194 (ADR Campbell), 6-227 (HH Streak)
- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRb Streak611251054.54c Peall b Streak015000.00run out871001445687.00lbw b Streak9186137102105.81not out13112910118.18not out716161043.75Extras25 (lb 5, nb 3, w 17)TOTAL229/4 (37 Overs, RR: 6.18)Fall of wickets: 1-5 (RS Kaluwitharana), 2-23 (ST Jayasuriya), 3-195 (AP Gurusinha), 4-209 (PA de Silva)
Player Of The Match
- 1st ever ODI by Zimbabwe in Sri Lanka.
AP Gurusinha and PA de Silva 172 for the 3rd wicket, record ODI partnership for any wicket for Sri Lanka (previous best: 170 for the 2nd wicket v India at Delhi 15th Sep 1982), highest partnership for any wicket in Sri Lanka (previous: 166 for the 2nd wicket, SL v NZ at Colombo (Khettarama Stadium)), 13th highest ever 3rd wicket partnership in ODIs for any country, 3rd highest 3rd wicket partnership in the World Cup.
- AP Gurusinha 87 off 100 balls, 5x4, 6x6.
- PA de Silva 91 off 86 balls, 10x4, 2x6, highest ever score for a Sri Lankan in the World Cup, highest ever for any player at the Sinhalese Sports Club Ground.
England have to be "open-minded" about their selection policy ahead of the World Cup, according to captain Eoin Morgan
How well do you remember the 2003 World Cup?
How much do you know about the sixth World Cup?
How much do you know about the fourth World Cup?
How much do you know about the first World Cup?