- BATSMENRMB4s6sSRb Mushtaq Ahmed9316011511080.86b Ata-ur-Rehman31103593052.54c Javed Miandad b Aamer Sohail2042430046.51c †Rashid Latif b Waqar Younis27272211122.72b Mushtaq Ahmed2441261092.30c Aamer Sohail b Waqar Younis45412542180.00run out36300100.00c Javed Miandad b Aaqib Javed109620166.66not out128420300.00not out02000-Extras22 (lb 3, nb 4, w 15)TOTAL287/8 (50 Overs, RR: 5.74)Fall of wickets: 1-90 (SR Tendulkar, ), 2-138 (SV Manjrekar, ), 3-168 (NS Sidhu, ), 4-200 (M Azharuddin, ), 5-226 (VG Kambli, ), 6-236 (NR Mongia, ), 7-260 (A Kumble, ), 8-279 (A Jadeja, )
- BATSMENRMB4s6sSRb Prasad55674691119.56c Kumble b Srinath48453252150.00c Srinath b Prasad1224231052.17c †Mongia b Prasad1226201060.00lbw b Kumble3858504076.00run out3888642059.37st †Mongia b Raju26282512104.00c & b Kumble032000.00not out424210019.04lbw b Kumble011000.00not out613100060.00Extras9 (b 1, lb 3, w 5)TOTAL248/9 (49 Overs, RR: 5.06)Fall of wickets: 1-84 (Saeed Anwar, ), 2-113 (Aamer Sohail, ), 3-122 (Ijaz Ahmed, ), 4-132 (Inzamam-ul-Haq, ), 5-184 (Saleem Malik, ), 6-231 (Rashid Latif, ), 7-232 (Mushtaq Ahmed, ), 8-239 (Javed Miandad, ), 9-239 (Ata-ur-Rehman, )
Player Of The Match
- 1st match under floodlights at the Chinnaswamy Stadium.
- Waqar Younis 200 wickets in ODIs.
- Pakistan 84 in the opening 10 overs
- Pakistan's 1st loss against India since the 1992 World Cup, 1st loss against India in India since March 1987 (Scores were level, awarded to India for losing fewer wickets).
Venkatesh Prasad dismisses Aamer Sohail as emotions run high in the India v Pakistan World Cup 1996 quarter-final
Booed at home, an India bowler provides a fitting reply
Ajay Jadeja entered a different zone late in the first half of the World Cup quarter-final, and successive Waqar overs went for 18 and 22 as India spurted to 287