- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRb Mushtaq Ahmed9311516011080.86b Ata-ur-Rehman31591033052.54c Javed Miandad b Aamer Sohail2043420046.51c †Rashid Latif b Waqar Younis27222711122.72b Mushtaq Ahmed2426411092.30c Aamer Sohail b Waqar Younis45254142180.00run out33600100.00c Javed Miandad b Aaqib Javed106920166.66not out124820300.00not out00200-Extras22 (lb 3, nb 4, w 15)TOTAL287/8 (50 Overs, RR: 5.74)Fall of wickets: 1-90 (SR Tendulkar), 2-138 (SV Manjrekar), 3-168 (NS Sidhu), 4-200 (M Azharuddin), 5-226 (VG Kambli), 6-236 (NR Mongia), 7-260 (A Kumble), 8-279 (A Jadeja)
- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRb Prasad55466791119.56c Kumble b Srinath48324552150.00c Srinath b Prasad1223241052.17c †Mongia b Prasad1220261060.00lbw b Kumble3850584076.00run out3864882059.37st †Mongia b Raju26252812104.00c & b Kumble023000.00not out421240019.04lbw b Kumble011000.00not out610130060.00Extras9 (b 1, lb 3, w 5)TOTAL248/9 (49 Overs, RR: 5.06)Fall of wickets: 1-84 (Saeed Anwar), 2-113 (Aamer Sohail), 3-122 (Ijaz Ahmed), 4-132 (Inzamam-ul-Haq), 5-184 (Saleem Malik), 6-231 (Rashid Latif), 7-232 (Mushtaq Ahmed), 8-239 (Javed Miandad), 9-239 (Ata-ur-Rehman)
Player Of The Match
- 1st match under floodlights at the Chinnaswamy Stadium.
- Waqar Younis 200 wickets in ODIs.
- Pakistan 84 in the opening 10 overs
- Pakistan's 1st loss against India since the 1992 World Cup, 1st loss against India in India since March 1987 (Scores were level, awarded to India for losing fewer wickets).
Venkatesh Prasad dismisses Aamer Sohail as emotions run high in the India v Pakistan World Cup 1996 quarter-final
Booed at home, an India bowler provides a fitting reply
Ajay Jadeja entered a different zone late in the first half of the World Cup quarter-final, and successive Waqar overs went for 18 and 22 as India spurted to 287