- not out0214000.00Extras11 (lb 9, nb 1, w 1)TOTAL228 all out (83.5 Overs, RR: 2.71, 378 minutes)Fall of wickets: 1-13 (AA Herwadkar, 6.3 ov), 2-54 (SS Iyer, 17.1 ov), 3-106 (PP Shaw, 34.3 ov), 4-128 (AP Tare, 38.1 ov), 5-169 (SA Yadav, 56.3 ov), 6-179 (SD Lad, 59.3 ov), 7-202 (BS Sandhu, 74.5 ov), 8-204 (SN Thakur, 76.3 ov), 9-207 (VV Dabholkar, 78.6 ov), 10-228 (AM Nayar, 83.5 ov)
- not out1158402027.50Extras17 (lb 7, nb 5, w 5)TOTAL328 all out (104.3 Overs, RR: 3.13, 472 minutes)Fall of wickets: 1-11 (SB Gohel, 10.2 ov), 2-37 (PK Panchal, 19.2 ov), 3-106 (BH Merai, 42.2 ov), 4-226 (PA Patel, 68.3 ov), 5-254 (MC Juneja, 73.4 ov), 6-264 (RH Bhatt, 80.4 ov), 7-291 (CJ Gandhi, 92.5 ov), 8-313 (RB Kalaria, 99.3 ov), 9-326 (RP Singh, 103.1 ov), 10-328 (HP Patel, 104.3 ov)
- not out0327000.00Extras12 (nb 5, w 7)TOTAL411 all out (137.1 Overs, RR: 2.99, 686 minutes)Fall of wickets: 1-54 (AA Herwadkar, 9.2 ov), 2-66 (PP Shaw, 13.1 ov), 3-193 (SS Iyer, 59.2 ov), 4-238 (SA Yadav, 80.2 ov), 5-270 (SD Lad, 89.4 ov), 6-297 (AP Tare, 99.1 ov), 7-323 (BS Sandhu, 108.1 ov), 8-326 (SN Thakur, 110.1 ov), 9-370 (VV Dabholkar, 130.5 ov), 10-411 (AM Nayar, 137.1 ov)
- not out2797773035.06not out1111720157.14Extras21 (lb 8, nb 3, w 5, pen 5)TOTAL313/5 (89.5 Overs, RR: 3.48, 380 minutes)Fall of wickets: 1-47 (PK Panchal, 14.2 ov), 2-51 (BH Merai, 18.3 ov), 3-89 (SB Gohel, 29.4 ov), 4-205 (MC Juneja, 65.5 ov), 5-299 (PA Patel, 87.3 ov)
Player of the match
Hours of play (local time)
- Tue, 10 Jan - day 1 - Gujarat 1st innings 2/0 (SB Gohel 2*, PK Panchal 0*, 1 ov)
- Wed, 11 Jan - day 2 - Gujarat 1st innings 291/6 (CJ Gandhi 17*, RB Kalaria 16*, 92 ov)
- Thu, 12 Jan - day 3 - Mumbai 2nd innings 208/3 (SA Yadav 45*, AP Tare 13*, 67 ov)
- Fri, 13 Jan - day 4 - Gujarat 2nd innings 47/0 (SB Gohel 8*, PK Panchal 34*, 13.2 ov)
- Sat, 14 Jan - day 5 - Gujarat 2nd innings 313/5 (89.5 ov) - end of match
A sense of togetherness off the field translated into stellar performances on it, and Gujarat was rewarded with a maiden Ranji Trophy title
Mumbai captain Aditya Tare said his side's fielding and choice of strokes while batting was responsible for their first loss in a Ranji Trophy final since 1990-91
Abhishek Nayar has contributed wholeheartedly with both bat and ball going into the Ranji Trophy final. On the eve of the match, he even fought against sickness before taking more wickets and sco
Parthiv Patel scored 143 and steered Gujarat through a chase of 312 to lead them to their maiden Ranji Trophy title
Last time Mumbai lost a Ranji final, before this - to Haryana, by 2 runs. They had won 11 Ranji finals since then. Overall, it is only their 5th loss in 46 final appearances.
No. of Ranji Trophy titles for Gujarat, this is the first. They are the 17th team to become Ranji champions.
No. of centuries for Parthiv in first-class matches against Mumbai, including this. He hasn't scored more than 2 centuries against any other team.
Highest target successfully chased in a Ranji final, by Hyderabad v Nawanagar in 1937-38. Mumbai have set 312 in this final. However, a draw is enough for Gujarat.
No. of times a team has won a Ranji final after facing a deficit in 1st inns; Mumbai have done it twice. They lead over 250 in this final after conceding a lead of 100.
Runs scored by Shreyas Iyer in last season's Ranji Trophy final, against Saurashtra. He has reached a fifty in this year's final too.
No. of times Gujarat has taken the first inns lead against Mumbai this season. They are the first side to do this against Mumbai in a Ranji season in the last ten years.
No. of lower first inns totals for Mumbai in Ranji finals, than the 228 this time. Their two lowest: 151 v TN in 1972-73 and 191 v Holkar in 1947-48.
Runs for Suryakumar Yadav in fc career, reaching there in this final. Since his debut in Dec 2010, no Mumbai player has scored more than him; Nayar 3264 comes next.
Last and the only time Gujarat entered finals of a Ranji Trophy season, before this. They had lost to Holkar then. However, this is Mumbai's 46th final, a record.
|J + K||6||1||4||1||9||-0.077|