- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRc Mafizur Rahman b Sheikh Salahuddin10883108143130.12c Aminul Islam b Minhajul Abedin60741147081.08c †Khaled Mashud b Minhajul Abedin1519291078.94c Naimur Rahman b Sheikh Salahuddin51516660100.00not out3942482192.85not out107710142.85Extras13 (lb 4, w 9)TOTAL296/4 (46 Overs, RR: 6.43)Fall of wickets: 1-171 (ST Jayasuriya), 2-177 (MS Atapattu), 3-213 (PA de Silva), 4-284 (A Ranatunga)
- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRb Muralitharan4258525172.41c Kalpage b KSC de Silva4785955055.29run out (Atapattu/Chandana)612160050.00run out (Kalpage/Chandana)2947651061.70st †SKL de Silva b Chandana3240523080.00c KSC de Silva b Muralitharan1970011.11c KSC de Silva b PA de Silva612131050.00not out516130031.25run out (PA de Silva)22200100.00Extras23 (b 3, lb 6, nb 2, w 12)TOTAL193/8 (46 Overs, RR: 4.19)Fall of wickets: 1-76 (Athar Ali Khan), 2-95 (Habibul Bashar), 3-117 (Naimur Rahman), 4-167 (Aminul Islam), 5-177 (Minhajul Abedin), 6-178 (Akram Khan), 7-190 (Mafizur Rahman), 8-193 (Hasibul Hossain)
Player Of The Match
- Scheduled Lunch interval reduced to 20 minutes.
- Akram Khan conceded 27 runs off his 2nd over: Start of over 15, Sri Lanka 85/0 (RR: 5.67) ST Jayasuriya 50* (45b 10x4), MS Atapattu 29* (45b 4x4) Akram Khan 1-0-7-0 15.1 Akram Khan to Atapattu, one run, turned to square leg 15.2 Akram Khan to Jayasuriya, SIX, over the top of the bowler, effortless sixer 15.3 Akram Khan to Jayasuriya, SIX, pulled over square leg, a full toss, amazing shot 15.4 Akram Khan to Jayasuriya, FOUR, one bounce, over long off; he is butchering the bowling 15.5 Akram Khan to Jayasuriya, FOUR, comes down the track, over the bowler's heads 15.6 Akram Khan to Jayasuriya, SIX, one step forward, over deep midwicket; drinks onto the field End of over 16 (27 runs) Sri Lanka 112/0 (RR: 7.00) ST Jayasuriya 76* (50b 12x4 3x6), MS Atapattu 30* (46b 4x4) Akram Khan 2-0-34-0
- ST Jayasuriya 100 off 72 balls, 14x4 3x6. (5th ODI hundred)
- Bangladesh innings included 2x7 ball overs, and 1x5 ball over
With the proliferation of one-day tournaments and with Australiahaving successfully shown the way, triangular and four nationcompetitions became the order of the day in the nineties