- BATSMENRMB4s6sSRlbw b Tendulkar3399694047.82lbw b Kuruvilla061000.00c †Karim b Prasad321220013.63c Kumble b Singh3088572052.63c Jadeja b Kumble1138241045.83c Ganguly b Singh1230301040.00run out (Ganguly)41980050.00not out1534302050.00lbw b Singh012000.00not out323180016.66Extras19 (lb 15, nb 2, w 2)TOTAL130/8 (43 Overs, RR: 3.02)Fall of wickets: 1-2 (Naimur Rahman, ), 2-12 (Minhajul Abedin, ), 3-57 (Athar Ali Khan, ), 4-79 (Aminul Islam, ), 5-92 (Akram Khan, ), 6-100 (Khaled Mashud, ), 7-104 (Enamul Haque, ), 8-104 (Hasibul Hossain, )
- BATSMENRMB4s6sSRnot out73755282140.38b Enamul Haque28362150133.33not out23382030115.00Extras8 (b 4, lb 1, nb 1, w 2)TOTAL132/1 (15 Overs, RR: 8.80)Fall of wickets: 1-54 (SR Tendulkar, )
- Sinhalese Sports Club Ground, Colombo
India , elected to field first
Player of the match
24 July 1997 (50-over match)
India 2, Bangladesh 0
- India required 131 to win in 20 overs to qualify for the final on run rate.
- India innings: 1x7 ball over (allowed by KT Francis for Sheikh Salahuddin in the 8th over of the innings).