- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRc Bevan b McGrath38304580126.66c SR Waugh b McGrath711241063.63b Reiffel1325451052.00c ME Waugh b Reiffel3660050.00c †Healy b McGrath1770014.28c & b SR Waugh617301035.29lbw b Bevan59751027078.66b Bevan4867705071.64run out (Fleming)2560040.00c SR Waugh b ME Waugh039000.00not out6750085.71Extras18 (lb 3, nb 4, w 11)TOTAL201 all out (41 Overs, RR: 4.9)Fall of wickets: 1-32 (SR Tendulkar), 2-64 (NR Mongia), 3-67 (M Azharuddin), 4-68 (VG Kambli), 5-72 (R Dravid), 6-89 (A Jadeja), 7-189 (SB Joshi), 8-191 (J Srinath), 9-194 (SC Ganguly), 10-201 (A Kumble)
- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRc Azharuddin b Prasad2956754051.78c Tendulkar b Joshi2333483069.69lbw b Joshi032000.00st †Mongia b Kumble55831102066.26c Dravid b Prasad6770803295.71not out1293310133.33run out (Azharuddin)413140030.76b Kumble24100050.00not out11100100.00Extras9 (lb 2, nb 3, w 4)TOTAL202/7 (44.3 Overs, RR: 4.53)Fall of wickets: 1-50 (ME Waugh), 2-50 (RT Ponting), 3-69 (MJ Slater), 4-182 (SG Law), 5-185 (SR Waugh), 6-194 (IA Healy), 7-197 (GB Hogg)
Australia , elected to field first
Player Of The Match
6 September 1996 (50-over match)
Australia 2, India 0
- No play possible on the originally scheduled date of September 5 due to rain and a wet ground.
- Match delayed for 85 minutes due to wet field. Match reduced to 45 overs per side.
- Bevan hit a 4 to win the match
- Australia to meet Sri Lanka in the final