- not out41335041124.24not out20172502117.64Extras14 (lb 6, w 8)TOTAL142/7 (20 Overs, RR: 7.1)Fall of wickets: 1-16 (JJ Roy, 2.6 ov), 2-42 (JM Vince, 5.3 ov), 3-42 (EJG Morgan, 5.4 ov), 4-42 (JE Root, 5.6 ov), 5-50 (JC Buttler, 8.1 ov), 6-57 (BA Stokes, 9.2 ov), 7-85 (CJ Jordan, 14.3 ov)
- not out35202342175.00not out00900-Extras6 (lb 2, w 4)TOTAL127/9 (20 Overs, RR: 6.35)Fall of wickets: 1-4 (Mohammad Shahzad, 0.3 ov), 2-12 (Asghar Afghan, 1.6 ov), 3-13 (Gulbadin Naib, 2.6 ov), 4-35 (Rashid Khan, 7.5 ov), 5-39 (Noor Ali Zadran, 8.5 ov), 6-64 (Mohammad Nabi, 12.5 ov), 7-85 (Najibullah Zadran, 15.4 ov), 8-94 (Samiullah Shenwari, 16.4 ov), 9-108 (Amir Hamza, 18.1 ov)
Player Of The Match
Hours of play (local time)
- Powerplay: Overs 0.1 - 6.0 (Mandatory - 42 runs, 4 wickets)
- England: 50 runs in 7.5 overs (47 balls), Extras 3
- England: 100 runs in 17.1 overs (103 balls), Extras 10
- 8th Wicket: 50 runs in 29 balls (MM Ali 26, DJ Willey 19, Ex 5)
- Innings Break: England - 142/7 in 20.0 overs (MM Ali 41, DJ Willey 20)
- Powerplay: Overs 0.1 - 6.0 (Mandatory - 28 runs, 3 wickets)
- Afghanistan: 50 runs in 10.6 overs (66 balls), Extras 3
- Afghanistan: 100 runs in 16.6 overs (102 balls), Extras 6
Twelve months ago at Lord's, Surrey fell agonisingly short of glory in the Royal London Cup final, so you can expect them to be hyper-motivated when they get another crack at the cup on Saturday
Carlos Brathwaite on facing that last over, why he chose to finish it off with a six, and feeling sorry for Ben Stokes
In a big final, England slowed the game to the tempo that their captain had demanded, they had the trophy winking at them from the sidelines, and then...
Runs scored by England in their last three overs, without losing any wicket. They moved from 98 in 17 overs to 142 at the end.
Runs scored by England in the first 15 overs - their joint third-lowest in T20Is when batting first.
Previous instances of Eng losing 4 wickets in the Powerplays, before this - vs Aus, Southampton, 2013. Morgan's only previous T20I duck was also in that match.
No. of consecutive T20Is where Eng haven't had any opening stand of 50+ runs, including today. Their last was 98 between Hales & Lumb v WI before WT20 2014.
Average first innings total in the last 20 T20s played at Kotla since the last World T20. In 12 of those matches the chasing team won.
No. of T20s hosted by Feroz Shah Kotla, before this match - most for any Indian venue. But this is the first T20I here. There have been two Women T20Is though.
|Super 10 Group 1|
|Super 10 Group 2|
|First Round Group A|
|First Round Group B|