- not out896347111189.36not out1524910166.66Extras5 (lb 1, nb 2, w 2)TOTAL192/2 (20 Overs, RR: 9.60)Fall of wickets: 1-62 (RG Sharma, 7.2 ov), 2-128 (AM Rahane, 15.3 ov)
- not out82805175160.78not out43342034215.00Extras6 (lb 4, nb 2)TOTAL196/3 (19.4 Overs, RR: 9.96)Fall of wickets: 1-6 (CH Gayle, 1.1 ov), 2-19 (MN Samuels, 2.6 ov), 3-116 (J Charles, 13.1 ov)
- Mumbai Cricket Association, Wankhede Stadium, D Road, Churchgate, Mumbai - 400020 (Phone: 022 2281 1795/7876/9910)
Player of the match
- Powerplay: Overs 0.1 - 6.0 (Mandatory - 55 runs, 0 wicket)
- India: 50 runs in 5.4 overs (35 balls), Extras 2
- 1st Wicket: 50 runs in 35 balls (RG Sharma 36, AM Rahane 12, Ex 2)
- India: 100 runs in 12.2 overs (76 balls), Extras 4
- 2nd Wicket: 50 runs in 36 balls (AM Rahane 19, V Kohli 30, Ex 2)
- V Kohli: 50 off 33 balls (5 x 4)
- India: 150 runs in 16.6 overs (104 balls), Extras 5
- 3rd Wicket: 50 runs in 21 balls (V Kohli 40, MS Dhoni 11, Ex 1)
- Innings Break: India - 192/2 in 20.0 overs (V Kohli 89, MS Dhoni 15)
- Powerplay: Overs 0.1 - 6.0 (Mandatory - 44 runs, 2 wickets)
- West Indies: 50 runs in 6.4 overs (41 balls), Extras 2
- 3rd Wicket: 50 runs in 34 balls (J Charles 28, LMP Simmons 21, Ex 1)
- West Indies: 100 runs in 11.2 overs (69 balls), Extras 3
- J Charles: 50 off 30 balls (7 x 4, 2 x 6)
- LMP Simmons: 50 off 35 balls (5 x 4, 2 x 6)
- West Indies: 150 runs in 15.6 overs (98 balls), Extras 5
- 4th Wicket: 50 runs in 28 balls (LMP Simmons 28, AD Russell 22, Ex 1)
At one stage you could barely hear yourself think, and then you could barely hear anything as Johnson Charles, Lendl Simmons and Andre Russell crashed the party
Regardless of how wet the ball became, India's self-inflicted errors were crucial as they could not halt West Indies' power-packed line-up
A total of 192 was about par on a batting-friendly Wankhede, and it was set up by a Virat Kohli masterclass. But West Indies' power hitters bulldozed their way through it to their second World T2
Yuvraj Singh's injury will force India into changing their combination for the first time in the World T20. They will have to make a choice between batsman Manish Pandey and left-arm spinning all
Australia need only a draw to become the world' No. 1 ranked Test team, but they must contend with overseas inconsistency, a green pitch, and a Brendon McCullum farewell
Target successfully chased by WI in this match is the highest successfull-chase n knockouts of World T20. Aus had chased 192 vs Pak in semi-finals of WT20 2010.
Consecutive half-centuries for Lendl Simmons in T20s in India. He hit 65 and 68 in the 1st qualifying final and final of IPL 2015 and a half-century in this match.
No. of scores of 50 or more for Kohli in T20Is - most by any batsman. He went past Gayle and McCullum who each had 15 such scores.
No. of times a team's top-3 all scored 40 or more in a T20I, including this match. Previous 2 instances: NZ v Eng, Hamilton 2013 and Ind v Aus, MCG, 2016
Kohli's average when batting first in T20Is, before this match. He averages 91.80 when chasing though.
Runs scored by India in the Powerplays today, which is their best in this WT20. Also the first time they played out the Powerplay overs without losing any wicket.
Rohit Sharma's average in T20s at Wankhede, before this match. He has scored 1168 runs in 39 innings at SR of 135.97.
|Super 10 Group 1|
|Super 10 Group 2|
|First Round Group A|
|First Round Group B|