- not out035000.00Extras3 (b 1, lb 1, w 1)TOTAL235 all out (93.2 Overs, RR: 2.51, 433 minutes)Fall of wickets: 1-22 (Avi Barot, 6.4 ov), 2-22 (Sagar Jogiyani, 7.1 ov), 3-36 (Cheteshwar Pujara, 10.5 ov), 4-42 (Sheldon Jackson, 20.2 ov), 5-77 (Jaydev Shah, 35.3 ov), 6-95 (Chirag Jani, 48.6 ov), 7-108 (Deepak Punia, 51.6 ov), 8-192 (Arpit Vasavada, 84.4 ov), 9-235 (Prerak Mankad, 92.3 ov), 10-235 (Jaydev Unadkat, 93.2 ov)
- not out3449866069.38Extras24 (b 4, lb 3, nb 13, w 4)TOTAL371 all out (82.2 Overs, RR: 4.5, 444 minutes)Fall of wickets: 1-0 (Akhil Herwadkar, 0.2 ov), 2-23 (Bhavin Thakkar, 6.2 ov), 3-175 (Shreyas Iyer, 41.6 ov), 4-195 (Aditya Tare, 45.6 ov), 5-205 (Suryakumar Yadav, 48.2 ov), 6-235 (Abhishek Nayar, 59.5 ov), 7-250 (Dhawal Kulkarni, 63.3 ov), 8-250 (Shardul Thakur, 63.4 ov), 9-268 (Iqbal Abdulla, 66.6 ov), 10-371 (Siddhesh Lad, 82.2 ov)
- not out1621311176.19Extras9 (b 2, lb 6, w 1)TOTAL115 all out (48.2 Overs, RR: 2.37, 225 minutes)Fall of wickets: 1-13 (Avi Barot, 3.4 ov), 2-15 (Sagar Jogiyani, 6.2 ov), 3-24 (Arpit Vasavada, 13.4 ov), 4-48 (Sheldon Jackson, 25.6 ov), 5-67 (Cheteshwar Pujara, 34.1 ov), 6-86 (Jaydev Shah, 38.6 ov), 7-91 (Prerak Mankad, 41.6 ov), 8-91 (Chirag Jani, 42.1 ov), 9-102 (Deepak Punia, 44.4 ov), 10-115 (Hardik Rathod, 48.2 ov)
Player Of The Match
Hours of play (local time)
- Wed, 24 Feb - day 1 - Saurashtra 1st innings 192/8 (PN Mankad 55*, 84.4 ov)
- Thu, 25 Feb - day 2 - Mumbai 1st innings 262/8 (SD Lad 22*, Iqbal Abdulla 9*, 66 ov)
- Fri, 26 Feb - day 3 - Saurashtra 2nd innings 115 (48.2 ov) - end of match
Amidst the strife and churning of a troubled 2014-15, Mumbai tore up their long-established Ranji Trophy template and settled upon a youthful combination that would go on to win them their 41st title the next season
Stats highlights from the final of Ranji Trophy 2015-16 where Mumbai won their 41st title beating Saurashtra by an innings an 21 runs
Siddhesh Lad showed game awareness and attention to detail on a surface where no batsman was truly settled at any stage stood out as he single-handedly crafted Mumbai's recovery that eventually set the base for a huge lead and a win
Shardul Thakur extended his match haul to eight to knock Saurashtra out for 115 and seal Mumbai's 41st Ranji title
Hardik Rathod, who took late wickets on the second day of the Ranji Trophy final to keep Saurashtra's hopes alive, said his team hopes to clean up Mumbai's lower order early and bat well on the third day
No. of innings victories for Mumbai in Ranji Trophy finals. No other team has won 10 Ranji Trophy finals by any margin.
Previous highest number of dismissals by a wicketkeeper in a Ranji season by Srikar Bharat in 2014-15. Aditya Tare has gone past that record this season.
No. of century stands for 10th wkt for Mumbai in Ranji, before 103 runs added by S Lad & B Sandhu. Prev highest: 87* by A Mankad-S Singhvi v Guj, 1967-68.
No. of 50-plus scores by Shreyas Iyer this season - joint-most by a batsman. Vijay Bharadwaj (1998-99) and Abhishek Nayar (2012-13) also made 11 such scores.
Last time a player made his debut in the Ranji Trophy final, before Prerak Mankad (Saurashtra) in this final - Abhijit Karambelkar for Baroda vs Rajasthan.
Last time these two teams faced each others was in the finals of Ranji Trophy 2012-13 at Wankhede. Mumbai had won that by an inns & 125 runs.
|J + K||8||0||3||5||9||-0.053|