- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRlbw b Gillespie1029390034.48c Lehmann b Moody1433520042.42c †Gilchrist b Symonds511250045.45c Fleming b Warne3054652055.55c & b Moody1723253073.91lbw b Gillespie3852601173.07b Warne4770057.14not out18163120112.50not out3570060.00Extras12 (lb 4, nb 2, w 6)TOTAL151/7 (38 Overs, RR: 3.97)Fall of wickets: 1-25 (Sourav Ganguly, 8.6 ov), 2-32 (Sachin Tendulkar, 11.2 ov), 3-38 (Rahul Dravid, 14.2 ov), 4-66 (Amay Khurasiya, 21.1 ov), 5-92 (Ajay Jadeja, 28.1 ov), 6-103 (Mannava Prasad, 30.6 ov), 7-139 (Robin Singh, 36.2 ov)
- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRc †MSK Prasad b BKV Prasad12121710100.00c Dravid b Ganguly68921227073.91not out686811171100.00not out1560020.00Extras10 (lb 6, nb 3, w 1)TOTAL159/2 (29.1 Overs, RR: 5.45)Fall of wickets: 1-23 (Mark Waugh, 3.5 ov), 2-155 (Adam Gilchrist, 28.2 ov)
- Rain stopped play from 11:34am to 2:00pm with India on 65/3 after 20.3 overs. Lunch was taken and the match reduced to 38 overs per side.
- AC Gilchrist 50 off 64 balls, 5x4 0x6
- Australia innings: 1x5 ball over (26th over of the innings, BKV Prasad's 4th)
With the proliferation of one-day tournaments and with Australiahaving successfully shown the way, triangular and four nationcompetitions became the order of the day in the nineties
The inclusion of members of the Under-19 World Cup winningside in the list of 23 Indian probables for the ICC Knock-outTrophy has been lauded by many as a step in the positivedirection
Colombo (Sri Lanka) - Sri Lanka is a nation of contradictions: one halfbelieves the selectors should be drawn and quartered the other half firmlythat a local version of the Tooth Fairy exists and Romesh Kaluwitharanadeserves to have a medal