4th Match,India v Zimbabwe, Statistical Highlights
- Murali Kartik,the slow left-arm bowler from Railways,
became the 144th player to represent India in an ODI.
- The four wickets that Ajit Agarkar's claimed in the Hyderabad
on Saturday has made him India's highest wicket-taker against
Zimbabwe - he now has 35 wickets from 21 ODIs against the
visitors. He went past fellow teammate Anil Kumble's aggregate of
32 from 20 matches.
- The four-wicket haul was Agarkar's sixth in his 91st onedayer and this puts him on par with Manoj Prabhakar. Now only
Anil Kumble (nine) and Javagal Srinath (seven) have taken more
four-wicket hauls than Agarkar.
- Grant Flower by making 44 in the Hyderabad one-dayer has
exactly 1000 runs to his name in one-dayers against India. He was
playing his 32nd innings in his 32nd match against the Indians.
Grant became the third Zimbabwean after Alistair Campbell (1188
in 36 matches) and brother Andy (1130 in 33 matches) and the 19th
batsman overall to do so. Incidentally, Pakistan's Saeed Anwar
holds the record of aggregating most runs in a career against
India; he has made 1901 runs from 49 matches.
- The fourth wicket partnership of 76 between Rahul Dravid and
Mohammad Kaif was India's best for this wicket against Zimbabwe
in a floodlit match. This expunged the previous best of 70
between Sachin Tendulkar and Mohammad Azharuddin at the Centurion
on February 7,1997.
- The fifth wicket partnership of 94 between Mohammad Kaif and
Yuvraj Singh was India's best for this wicket against Zimbabwe in
all matches. This obliterated the previous record unbroken
partnership of 84 between Ajay Jadeja and Robin Singh at Benoni
on February 9, 1997. Incidentally, India's previous highest fifth
wicket partnership in a floodlit match against Zimbabwe was a
paltry 42 between Rahul Dravid and Robin Singh at Sharjah on
October 22, 2000.
- Yuvraj Singh's innings of 80* was the second highest by any
Indian at number six in a floodlit match - Ajay Jadeja's 119 at
Colombo RPS on August 17, 1997 still remains the best.
- The win was India's 50th in a floodlit match.
- The Man of the Match award was Yuvraj Singh's third in his 29th match.
© ESPN Sports Media Ltd.