ICC World Twenty20 Qualifiers, Group B November 17, 2013

Netherlands cruise to win after Myburgh fifty

ESPNcricinfo staff
  shares 4

Netherlands 145 for 2 (Myburgh 78*) beat Bermuda (Tucker 51, Malik 2-15)
Scorecard

Opener Stephan Myburgh's rapid half-century steered Netherlands to an emphatic eight-wicket win over Bermuda in Dubai.

Bermuda endured an early wicket and a middle-order stumble but captain Janeiro Tucker blitzed 51 off 25 balls, seven fours and two sixes in his counterattack that took the total to 144. Seamer Ahsan Malik was the pick of the bowlers with 2 for 15. The chase proved rather straightforward though, as the Netherlands openers raced to 108 in the 12th over. Myburgh struck seven fours and three sixes in his unbeaten 53-ball 78 which made sure medium-pacer Jacobi Robinson striking in successive overs only slowed Netherlands' progress to victory.

Afghanistan 72 for 4 (Nabi 36*) beat Papua New Guinea 167 for 6 (Ura 56) by six wickets (D/L method)
Scorecard

In a rain-affected match in Sharjah, Afghanistan edged out Papua New Guinea by six wickets, registering their second win of the competition. Afghanistan were given a revised target of 69 from seven overs after heavy rains lashed the ground. Mohammad Nabi hit an unbeaten 36 off 22 balls to take Afghanistan home off the last ball. PNG had won the toss and scored 167, with Tony Ura producing another strong performance with the bat. Apart from Samiullah Shenwari, none of the Afghanistan bowlers were able to stop the flow of runs. Ura hit 56 after scoring a century in his previous match, but it went in vain.

• POSTED BY 9ST9 on | November 18, 2013, 5:06 GMT

rain in sharjah O_o ?????

• POSTED BY smudgeon on | November 18, 2013, 1:38 GMT

I tell ya, most cricket fans are missing all the excitement - this is proving to be a very intriguing tournament! Afghanistan upset in their opening match, Nepal looking very good, Bermuda upsetting a couple of fancied sides, and PNG and UAE pushing hard. This is where the real value of T20 is - it closes the narrows the gap between the top and bottom teams. Before this tournament started, I would have picked the top six as: Ireland, Afghanistan, Scotland, Canada, Netherlands, and maybe Namibia. I still think I've got at least three of those right, but I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Nepal make the cut (and I'll be cheering them on). I normally despise this T20 stuff, but I'm hooked on this tournament!

• POSTED BY Azooz-Afgfan on | November 17, 2013, 17:09 GMT

Afghanistan back to it's winning track and to where they belong to. No more points losing and we gonna top the group because it suits us.

• POSTED BY Jadejafan on | November 17, 2013, 16:25 GMT

Ordinary Afghanistan were lucky. Very impressive stuff by Papua.

• POSTED BY 9ST9 on | November 18, 2013, 5:06 GMT

rain in sharjah O_o ?????

• POSTED BY smudgeon on | November 18, 2013, 1:38 GMT

• POSTED BY Azooz-Afgfan on | November 17, 2013, 17:09 GMT

• POSTED BY Jadejafan on | November 17, 2013, 16:25 GMT

Ordinary Afghanistan were lucky. Very impressive stuff by Papua.

• No featured comments at the moment.

• POSTED BY Jadejafan on | November 17, 2013, 16:25 GMT

Ordinary Afghanistan were lucky. Very impressive stuff by Papua.

• POSTED BY Azooz-Afgfan on | November 17, 2013, 17:09 GMT

• POSTED BY smudgeon on | November 18, 2013, 1:38 GMT

• POSTED BY 9ST9 on | November 18, 2013, 5:06 GMT

rain in sharjah O_o ?????