- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRc †Stewart b Gough829400027.58c Cork b Caddick622340027.27c †Stewart b Gough45151080.00c & b Caddick11925005.26c Croft b Gough36901183040.00c Hussain b Gough3640050.00c †Stewart b Caddick1027460037.03c Cork b Caddick4566996068.18c †Stewart b Gough022000.00c Knight b Cork11831005.55not out310130030.00Extras7 (lb 5, nb 2)TOTAL124 all out (48.3 Overs, RR: 2.55, 219 minutes)Fall of wickets: 1-14 (Blair Pocock), 2-18 (Bryan Young), 3-19 (Adam Parore), 4-19 (Stephen Fleming), 5-23 (Chris Cairns), 6-48 (Lee Germon), 7-85 (Nathan Astle), 8-85 (Simon Doull), 9-106 (Geoff Allott), 10-124 (Dipak Patel)
- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRc Patel b Doull810121080.00lbw b Doull3070953042.85c Fleming b Allott52861226060.46c Young b Vettori641581886140.50st †Germon b Patel10824932912043.37c †Germon b Doull561411874139.71lbw b Astle745590015.55c Fleming b Doull046000.00c Fleming b Doull1834473052.94c Allott b Vettori20182420111.11not out614210042.85Extras14 (b 3, lb 9, nb 2)TOTAL383 all out (137.3 Overs, RR: 2.78, 550 minutes)Fall of wickets: 1-10 (Nick Knight), 2-80 (Mike Atherton), 3-106 (Alec Stewart), 4-213 (Nasser Hussain), 5-331 (Graham Thorpe), 6-331 (John Crawley), 7-331 (Robert Croft), 8-357 (Dominic Cork), 9-357 (Darren Gough), 10-383 (Andy Caddick)
- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRc Knight b Gough642713355023.61c †Stewart b Tufnell561031326054.36lbw b Croft15941160015.95c & b Croft01110000.00lbw b Croft025000.00b Gough1149580022.44c †Stewart b Gough413260030.76c Knight b Caddick2259613037.28c Knight b Gough032000.00b Caddick215250013.33not out27140028.57Extras15 (b 5, lb 4, nb 6)TOTAL191 all out (103.2 Overs, RR: 1.84, 398 minutes)Fall of wickets: 1-89 (Bryan Young), 2-125 (Adam Parore), 3-125 (Stephen Fleming), 4-125 (Dipak Patel), 5-161 (Lee Germon), 6-164 (Blair Pocock), 7-175 (Nathan Astle), 8-175 (Simon Doull), 9-182 (Geoff Allott), 10-191 (Chris Cairns)
Player Of The Match
- Thu, 06 Feb - day 1 - New Zealand 1st innings 56/6 (NJ Astle 15*, DN Patel 5*)
- Fri, 07 Feb - day 2 - England 1st innings 204/3 (N Hussain 60*, GP Thorpe 47*)
- Sat, 08 Feb - day 3 - New Zealand 2nd innings 48/0 (BA Pocock 13*, BA Young 32*)
- Sun, 09 Feb - day 4 - New Zealand 2nd innings 125/4 (BA Pocock 45*, LK Germon 0*)
- Mon, 10 Feb - day 5 - New Zealand 2nd innings 191 (103.2 ov) - end of match
- Lunch: NZ 177/8 (Cairns 12*, Allott 0*)
- England take the new ball after 81 overs.
- England's 3rd innings victory against NZ in the past 8 Tests between the 2 countries (others were 1991/92 1st Test, 1994 1st Test). These are the only innings victories by England against any country in the past 10 years.
- Match delayed due to rain. 2 hours and 45 minutes lost with a minimum of 49 overs to be bowled.
- Lunch: Eng 282/4 (Thorpe 85*, Crawley 33*)
- Tea: Eng 350/7 (Cork 4*, Gough 14*)
- SB Doull's 4th 5-wicket haul and his 5th wicket gave him 50 Test wickets.
- Lunch: Eng 20/1 (Atherton 7*, Stewart 5*)
- Tea: Eng 115/3 (Hussain 14*, Thorpe 5*)
- Match delayed due to rain. Two sessions play lost with 30 overs minimum to be bowled.
- 18 year old Vettori becomes the youngest player ever to play for New Zealand.
I didn't know it was possible to be homesick for a country you don't even live in, that is, Kenya