- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRrun out (Prasad)1261351958393.33c Srinath b Raju5973958180.82c Manjrekar b Raju1221310057.14run out (Raju)715210046.66c & b Kumble2131491067.74run out (Jadeja)65800120.00run out (†Mongia)910140090.00c Kumble b Prasad610130060.00c Azharuddin b Prasad011000.00run out (†Mongia/Prasad)013000.00not out00100-Extras12 (lb 8, nb 2, w 2)TOTAL258 all out (50 Overs, RR: 5.16)Fall of wickets: 1-103 (Mark Taylor), 2-140 (Ricky Ponting), 3-157 (Steve Waugh), 4-232 (Mark Waugh), 5-237 (Stuart Law), 6-244 (Michael Bevan), 7-258 (Shane Lee), 8-258 (Shane Warne), 9-258 (Ian Healy), 10-258 (Damien Fleming)
- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRlbw b Fleming11716005.88st †Healy b ME Waugh9084124141107.14b Fleming026000.00b Fleming1017401058.82c †Healy b SR Waugh62911037068.13run out (Ponting)3640050.00c Taylor b Warne2732353084.37b Fleming1722323077.27c Lee b Fleming712161058.33c Bevan b SR Waugh025000.00not out3460075.00Extras22 (b 5, lb 8, nb 1, w 8)TOTAL242 all out (48 Overs, RR: 5.04)Fall of wickets: 1-7 (Ajay Jadeja), 2-7 (Vinod Kambli), 3-70 (Mohammad Azharuddin), 4-143 (Sachin Tendulkar), 5-147 (Manoj Prabhakar), 6-201 (Nayan Mongia), 7-205 (Sanjay Manjrekar), 8-224 (Javagal Srinath), 9-231 (Venkatesh Prasad), 10-242 (Anil Kumble)
Australia , elected to bat first
Player Of The Match
27 February 1996 - day/night match (50-over match)
Australia 2, India 0
- 1st ever floodlit match of any nature at the Wankhede Stadium.
- Australia lost its last 4 wickets in the 50th over.
- SR Tendulkar was stumped off a wide.
- SR Tendulkar scored 90 runs out of 143 at the time of his dismissal (62.9 %).
- SK Warne conceded 10 runs in his 1st over, before only conceding 18 in his remaining 9 overs.
- DW Fleming 9-0-36-5, 15th best ever bowling for Australia in ODIs (best since ME Waugh 5-24 v WI at Melbourne 15/12/1992), 9th best ever bowling in the World Cup, 2nd best ever in Bombay (best: WKM Benjamin 5-22, WI v SL 09/11/1993).
- Australia's 1st ODI win against India since the 1992 World Cup (India have won 3 in the meantime), Australia's 1st match in India since 1989, and their 1st win against India in India since the 1987 World Cup.
And how many players have been out hit-wicket in the tournament?