Scarborough, EnglandThe Pavilion, North Marine Road, Scarborough, Yorkshire YO12 7TJ
|England v West Indies - Aug 26, 1976||Scorecard|
|England v New Zealand - Jul 15, 1978||Scorecard|
|ODI records | Results | High totals | High scores | Most runs | Best bowling | Most wickets | Partnerships | Statsguru|
Scarborough's Marine Road ground first staged games in 1863 - games had been held at Castle Hill since 1849 - and Yorkshire have been almost ever-present visitors since 1878 (although they did not play a Championship game until 1896). Scarborough is perhaps best known for its end-of-season festival which for decades brought a glorious mixture of past and present to the seaside resort to play each other and also the tourists. In 1971 the Fenner Trophy, a four-team limited-over competition was instigated and was well received, running under various sponsors through to 1996. In 1976 and 1978 the ground was used for one-day internationals against West Indies and New Zealand. In 2005 Yorkshire signed a new deal with the ground authorities which ensured that the country would continue to play there until 2010.
The ground itself is next to the sea and is dominated by the raised pavilion built at a cost of £2150 in 1895. A new seating enclosure was added in 1902 and further extended over the next five years. A concrete stand was added in 1926 and in 1956 a new West Stand was erected. The largest attendance was against Derbyshire in 1947 when 22,946 attended.
Scarborough station is just under a mile from the ground. Car parking is not available and spectators are advised to use a public car park near the town centre.
Map Click here
Hotels Click here