- not out59334471178.78not out00100-Extras9 (lb 7, nb 1, w 1)TOTAL184/3 (20 Overs, RR: 9.2)Fall of wickets: 1-97 (Shikhar Dhawan, 10.6 ov), 2-143 (Rohit Sharma, 15.6 ov), 3-181 (MS Dhoni, 19.4 ov)
- not out16152701106.66Extras8 (b 1, lb 2, w 5)TOTAL157/8 (20 Overs, RR: 7.85)Fall of wickets: 1-94 (Shaun Marsh, 9.5 ov), 2-99 (Chris Lynn, 10.5 ov), 3-101 (Glenn Maxwell, 11.4 ov), 4-121 (Shane Watson, 14.2 ov), 5-124 (Aaron Finch, 15.2 ov), 6-137 (James Faulkner, 16.6 ov), 7-152 (John Hastings, 19.2 ov), 8-157 (Andrew Tye, 19.6 ov)
Player Of The Match
Hours of play (local time)
- Powerplay: Overs 0.1 - 6.0 (Mandatory - 50 runs, 0 wicket)
- India: 50 runs in 5.6 overs (36 balls), Extras 7
- 1st Wicket: 50 runs in 36 balls (RG Sharma 23, S Dhawan 20, Ex 7)
- India: 100 runs in 11.2 overs (69 balls), Extras 8
- RG Sharma: 50 off 37 balls (5 x 4, 2 x 6)
- India: 150 runs in 16.5 overs (102 balls), Extras 9
- V Kohli: 50 off 29 balls (7 x 4, 1 x 6)
- Innings Break: India - 184/3 in 20.0 overs (V Kohli 59, SK Raina 0)
- Powerplay: Overs 0.1 - 6.0 (Mandatory - 62 runs, 0 wicket)
- Australia: 50 runs in 5.1 overs (31 balls), Extras 3
- 1st Wicket: 50 runs in 31 balls (AJ Finch 34, SE Marsh 15, Ex 3)
- AJ Finch: 50 off 27 balls (8 x 4, 1 x 6)
- Australia: 100 runs in 11.1 overs (67 balls), Extras 6
- Australia: 150 runs in 18.5 overs (113 balls), Extras 7
Scans have revealed that Australia T20 captain Aaron Finch suffered a "moderate grade" injury to his left hamstring during the second T20 against India
If what MS Dhoni says is to be gone by, another good start by the top three in the final T20I could mean no batting for Yuvraj Singh and Hardik Pandya
Australia's captain Aaron Finch will be replaced by Usman Khawaja for the dead rubber Twenty20 against India on Sunday and is under a cloud for New Zealand and beyond after a hamstring injury that has left the selectors scrambling for an alternate leader
Stats highlights from the second T20I between Australia and India at the MCG
Plays of the day during the second T20I between Australia and India in Melbourne
No. of T20Is India had won in their last six matches, before these two consecutive wins. Before that they had won seven consecutive games.
No. of stumpings by Sangakkara in International matches - MS Dhoni has gone past that in this match with his second stumping.
No. of previous instances of both teams having 50-plus opening stand in T20Is in Australia. This is the first such T20I in Aus and 12th overall.
Highest total at the MCG in T20Is, by Aus vs SA in 2008-09, before India making 184 for 3 in this match.
No. of India players who scored more than one 50-plus score in a bilateral T20I series, before Kohli in this series.
No. of balls taken by India to reach 100 runs, is the second-least against Autralia in Australia. Fastest: 67 balls by WI, Brisbane, Feb 2013.
No. of opening stands higher than 97 by Rohit-Dhawan, for India in T20Is - 136 by Sehwag-Gambhir vs Eng, Durban, 2007 WT20.
Previous highest score for Dhawan in T20Is, in nine innings. He has surpassed that today.
No. of times the teams have elected to field first, in the previous eight T20Is at MCG. Toss-winning sides have 3-5 win-loss record here.