- not out21111521190.90not out00200-Extras13 (b 4, lb 3, w 6)TOTAL126/7 (20 Overs, RR: 6.3)Fall of wickets: 1-6 (Martin Guptill, 0.2 ov), 2-13 (Colin Munro, 1.3 ov), 3-35 (Kane Williamson, 6.5 ov), 4-61 (Ross Taylor, 11.3 ov), 5-89 (Corey Anderson, 15.4 ov), 6-98 (Mitchell Santner, 16.4 ov), 7-114 (Grant Elliott, 19.3 ov)
- not out02000.00Extras4 (nb 1, w 3)TOTAL79 all out (18.1 Overs, RR: 4.34)Fall of wickets: 1-5 (Shikhar Dhawan, 0.5 ov), 2-10 (Rohit Sharma, 2.2 ov), 3-12 (Suresh Raina, 2.5 ov), 4-26 (Yuvraj Singh, 4.5 ov), 5-39 (Virat Kohli, 8.1 ov), 6-42 (Hardik Pandya, 9.4 ov), 7-43 (Ravindra Jadeja, 10.2 ov), 8-73 (Ravichandran Ashwin, 16.3 ov), 9-79 (MS Dhoni, 17.4 ov), 10-79 (Ashish Nehra, 18.1 ov)
Player Of The Match
Hours of play (local time)
- Powerplay: Overs 0.1 - 6.0 (Mandatory - 33 runs, 2 wickets)
- New Zealand: 50 runs in 9.1 overs (55 balls), Extras 1
- New Zealand: 100 runs in 17.2 overs (104 balls), Extras 13
- Innings Break: New Zealand - 126/7 in 20.0 overs (L Ronchi 21, NL McCullum 0)
- Powerplay: Overs 0.1 - 6.0 (Mandatory - 29 runs, 4 wickets)
- India: 50 runs in 12.1 overs (74 balls), Extras 2
Mitchell Santner talks about his role in the side, his role model, and the adjustments spinners must make in different conditions
In a bold strategic move portended by Afghanistan's starting XI in Nagpur a week earlier, New Zealand rode the unheralded spin trio of Nathan McCullum, Mitchell Santner and Ish Sodhi to a stunning win over pre-tournament favourite India
Our writer puts himself in the shoes of the India fans watching their team's collapse against New Zealand
New Zealand captain Kane Williamson expected spin to play a big part in the World T20 and hoped that his side would step up to the challenge
Virat Kohli's effortless strokeplay and consistency has taken a lot of pressure off India's middle order in the lead-up to the World T20, and will be the key to his side's progress in the tournament
No. of wins for India against NZ in T20Is, in their previous four matches against each other. They are the only full-member team India have never beaten in T20Is.
Consecutive T20Is in Nagpur, including this match, where the teams have elected to bat first. The teams have won three of the last five T20Is after electing to bat.
No. of times India had conceded two sixes in the first over of the innings in T20Is, before this match. Guptill and Munro hit a six each in the first over of this match.
Consecutive T20Is where India have got at least two wickets in the Powerplays, including this match. Nehra has played 8 of those and has got at least a wicket in all.
Runs scored by NZ in the Powerplays today, which is the lowest for them in the 14 T20Is since the end of the last World T20.
Corey Anderson's average in T20s in India, before this match. He has scored 306 runs in 10 innings at strike rate of 154.54. 3 of his 4 T20 50s have come in India.
Corey Anderson's strike rate in his innings of 34 today, which is the lowest by a NZ batsman in an innings of 25 or more runs in T20Is.
Runs scored in the 20th over of the innings, which was the most productive for NZ. They scored 13 in the first over of the innings.
Wkts lost by India in the Powerplays, which is the joint-most for them in T20Is. Their previous 2 instances were both v Aus - MCG, 2008 and Bridgetown, 2010.
Previous most wickets by spinners against India in a T20I. They have took more than that in this innings already. Also the most wickets by NZ spinners against any team.
Runs scored by India in the first 15 overs, which is the lowest for them in T20Is. Previous lowest 62 vs Aus, MCG, 2007-08 where they were all out for 74.
India's total in this match, which is the lowest by any team in T20Is in India and second-lowest for India in T20Is behind their 74 vs Aus, MCG, 2007-08.
|Super 10 Group 1|
|Super 10 Group 2|
|First Round Group A|
|First Round Group B|