Standings are updated with the completion of each game
21.9 League Table
The positions in which shall be determined by the number of points gained with points being awarded as follows:
2 points for each match won;
1 point per team taking part in any match with no result and any match which is tied (where it was not possible to complete a Super Over at the end of play or where the Super Over itself is tied);
1 point per team for any match involving such team which does not commence for any reason (other than where the reason for such non-commencement is a breach of the Operational Rules by one Franchisee which results in such Franchisee forfeiting such match); and
0 points for any match lost or forfeited.
The team with the highest number of points shall be at the top of the table and the team with the lowest shall be at the bottom.
21.9.2 Where teams have an equal number of points their relative positions shall be determined by the following:
- a. the team with the most wins in matches in the League during the season will be placed in the higher position;
- b. if there are teams with equal points and equal wins during the season, then in such case the team with the higher net run rate (as calculated in clause 21.11 below) will be placed in the higher position;
- c. if following the net run rate calculation above there are teams which are still equal, then the team with the higher number of wickets taken per balls bowled in the matches played that season in which results were achieved will be placed in the higher position;
- d. if still equal at the end of the regular season then the team position will be determined by drawing lots.
References in paragraph 21.9 to "matches" shall not include the play-off matches.
21.10 Play-off matches
If any of the Final, the Eliminator, Qualifier 1 or Qualifier 2 matches are tied, or there is no result, the following shall apply:
- a. the relevant teams shall compete in a Super Over to determine which team is the winner of the match in question; and
- b. if conditions do not permit a Super Over within the time available to determine the winner or if the Super Over is tied, then the team which, at the end of the relevant regular Season, finished in the higher position in the League table (in accordance with paragraph 21.9 above) will be deemed the winner of the relevant play-off match.
The procedure for any Super Over shall be as set out in Appendix 7 of the Playing Conditions
21.11 Net Run Rate
21.11.1 A team's net run rate is calculated by deducting from the average runs per over scored by that team throughout the season, the average runs per over scored against that team throughout the season.
21.11.2 In the event of a team being all out in less than its full quota of overs, the calculation of its net run rate shall be based on the full quota of overs to which it would have been entitled and not on the number of overs in which the team was dismissed.
21.11.3 Only those matches where results are achieved will count for the purpose of net run rate calculations. Where a match is abandoned, but a result is achieved under Duckworth/Lewis, for net run rate purposes, team 1 will be accredited with team 2's Par Score on abandonment off the same number of overs faced by team 2. Where a match is concluded but with Duckworth/Lewis having been applied at an earlier point in the match, team 1 will be accredited with 1 run less than the final Target Score for team 2 off the total number of overs allocated to team 2 to reach the target.